Tablo App on Android keeps stopping

My device is a T-Mobile Note 5 running Android 5.1.1. I have hit the report button a few times on the crashes so the Android team should have some crash logs. The app version is 1.0.21 and there are no updates in the play store.

I also have a Samsung Tab S 10.5 running Android 5.0.2. It is not having the crashes.

Both are on 3000238.

I’m running a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4/Nook (Android 5.0.2)

My app is version 1.0.21. And I’d had the Tablo Video Player installed. I just started the app, and was told the separate video player is no longer required, and was prompted to uninstall it.

I’ve seen this several times on my Android (Moto X 2014) as well. The app seems to work OK, but this message can pop-up at odd times.

Mine is load 3000238. I have a Samsung galaxy s5. I get the message quite often, but doesn’t really bother me.

Based on some of the crash reports this may be an issue that has been fixed but not pushed yet. We’ll continue to check in on this so please keep us posted.

FYI… I’m getting the same error, and it happens every time I disconnect headphones (wired) and when I disconnect bluetooth (e.g. shut off my car and I get “Unfortunately Tablo has stopped” error). And like others have reported, this happens even when I haven’t been using the tablo app since my last reboot.

1 Like

I can reproduce the error when using screen mirroring (Samsung S5 on 4.4.4) to mirror Sling TV to Roku 3 and then switching back to the Roku Sling TV app via the Roku remote. Every time: “Tablo TV has stopped” even though Tablo was not open at the time. I hope that makes sense.

Hey - happening almost daily, here, too. Build 3000238 | Samsung Galaxy S5

I have sent the report many times. Some days no stops, some days hourly.

Samsung Note 4
HTML/Application: 1.0.21-545 / 3000238
Android: 5.0.1

We do have a fix for this that will be pushed soon.

I’ve had this for a while, and I’m on a Samsung also. Seems you guys have constant problems with the Samsungs? Do they do something different?

@Max - That’s very likely. Unlike iOS where there’s a defined set of devices and a fairly small sandbox of iOS firmware, there’s SO much variation in Android devices that they can sometimes behave unexpectedly. We have a fairly decent amount of devices between our internal stash and the beta team but we don’t have every device/firmware permutation covered.

Getting the same problem daily for LG G4 (AT&T), and Sony Xperia Z1 Tablet…

I just this same message on my Fire TV. I just updated to the latest Tablo App this afternoon

xxx ccc xx cc

1 Like

did you not finish ? because it looks like the next step would be x c

duplicate deleted

Just and FIY. I have a Samsung S7 edge and a Samsung SM-T700 tablet. I got my Tablo last month and when I first set everything up it all worked perfectly. I am streaming to a Chromcast dongle (I have two of the original older models) and I am pretty sure there have been no firmware updates on those. I started getting the “Unfortunately, Tablo has stopped” message about two weeks after having the Tablo. The first time I got the message I reset everything and uninstalled / reinstalled Tablo and the problem went away for a day. Then it came back.
I personally thing that the problem is not the Samsung devices or app but something to do with the Tablo / Chromecast streaming. Streaming continues even if I uninstall tablo on the Samsung device! It behaves as if there is an unreleased buffer or Tablo streaming mode is stuck. I also don’t believe the problem is with Chromecast either because it streams normally otherwise. I would probably guess the problem isn’t with other streaming devices such as Roku etc… because those users are complaining as well. Hope this helps narrow down the problem.

@rpopeszku - There is an issue with Chromecast at present. A fix is currently in testing and will be released soon.

Will this be a Tablo firmware update or a Tablo application update?
Rudy