Tablo App for Windows 10 No Sound

You need to “un-tune” any stations that were tuned for the change to affect those stations. So if you have a 2 tuner Tablo and had Channels 4 and 5 tuned with the surround sound on, you will need to select channels 6 and 7 (for example), and then go back to 4 and 5. Or you can just restart the Tablo.

It’s specific to Chrome and Firefox. You can’t get surround sound to work on those browsers because they don’t pay for the AAC codecs.

Will recordings made with “surround sound” turned on, not be able to be heard?
I can restart the tablo and see what happens. I want wait for a recording in progress to finish first.
Thanks again.

They will not be heard on your PC, though you can still use compatible devices (like any set-top box) to hear them.

It’s one reason the Tablo folks waited so long to implement this feature. It’s great in a way, but I have it off on my devices because I use my computer to watch shows almost as much as I do set top boxes.

Since there is a way to get around it in the Android phone app (where you can assign a different player than Chrome), I am hoping the Tablo folks will be able to do something similar for computers.

This just happened to me, no sound on two LG Android devices and WIndows 10 Application.

I had just moved the Tablo hardware to a permanent location and forgot to hook up the hard drive. I had made a quick one second power off reboot for the hard drive reconnect and had this sound issue after that.

After messing about and looking at this thread I decided to do a full 15 second power down reset. This resolved the issue.

Cheers,

just verified no sound in chrome or safari w/win 10 but the latest edge browser works fine to get sound.

That is expected behavior with surround sound turned on.

I have no Tablo sound issues using the following:

Tablo v2.2.32

MS Windows 10 Pro (20H2, OS build 19042.804)
with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Mozilla Firefox v85.0.2 (64-bit)
MS Edge v88.0.705.68 (Official build) (64-bit) (Chromium)