Syncing/Updating during prime time in evening interferes with recordings

Hi all. I hope somebody can help me with this. In the past week or so, my Tablo has changed from syncing/updating at approximately 3:00 AM to now updating between 9:00 and 9:45 PM each evening. This is affecting my recordings in the evening. It’s not so bad right now since the fall season of new shows hasn’t begun but in a couple of weeks, it’s going to be really bad.

How can I get it to change back to updating overnight instead of during prime time? Thanks in advance for any help!

I had that issue a few months ago. First thing is to check your zip code. Also, make sure your Tablo displayed time is correct.

Next, and this is what fixed mine, go into channel lineup, under settings, and do a rescan of your channels. That should get you back into the overnight update cycle.

BTW, the odd time of channel updates never impacted Tablo performance in my case.

Thank you. I will try that and hopefully that will get everything back right again. :slight_smile:

@LoriM Sent you a PM with instructions for remote access - we’d like to take a look and see what we can do to help, if you’re open to it :slight_smile:

I’m still having this problem. I tried hooking up with Tablo Support so they could look at the logs but I never heard anything back. I’m sitting here right now at 9:23 PM Central time with the light blinking and not able to access any channels. This is going to be a problem in the next week or two. Can I get some real help? Because updating during primetime TV hours is not a very good idea.

Edit - Tonight it stopped updating at about 9:25 or 9:26. It doesn’t sound like a long time but it’s causing my Tablo to not record or watch channels during this time. It causes recordings to be split. This is a major problem for me. I have to be able to depend on recordings from 9:00 to 10:00 to record in one piece. I don’t want to chase my programmings and piece them together or remember where they’re at.

@LoriM It’s best to interact with our support team directly instead of through the forum. This way, you can get into our queue and you’re guaranteed a response. We should be able to take a look at your unit directly as long as you provide its MAC address.