Swap hard drives to use as more storage

I generally agree. But compared to

It was a decent source. :neutral_face:

It appear if you connect an external HD it will wipe out your internal hard drive. This is just a moronic design decision. They seem to make a lot of decisions that disable it rather then enable it. You will have to rip every show off you HD first. Not sure of you will loose all your programming to but that would be typical of their poor design decisions.

The truth is they just lack the capacity to design better. It would take hard onboard memory to store the programming data and the database is extremely easy to design as files. You think Amazon does it this lame way. The use oracle which is properly designed database. Tye same techniques can be applied to a simple set of video files but that lack any decent knowledge on databases. Yes, I easily could design a better way if they had a API available to write apps for it. Not sure how programs like TabloRipper can hack into it.

How do you re-import. I can only find apps the remove them. If I had one I would use it.

No one has reported being able to re-import, but you’re welcome to make it happen, many would appreciate your skills.

Bandwidth is the transmission rate be it local or over the internet.

can’t wait to see what you come up with! (how hard did you look?)

There IS a developer program. Sign up for it.

1 Like

I might, I am busy trying to catch up on how .groovy works. I do have a background on OOP and degree in databases as well, mostly Oracle which is damn easy to use.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.