Sorry Tablo - TiVo has beaten you to the punch

The combination of the FLIRC Universal Remote Receiver and Harmony 650 remote works on the FireTV. You don’t have the voice option, but I never use it anyway.

You forgot $75.00 per month of PSval price… Which is $900.00 a year.

And most peaple like me Don’t need the PSval. This is the whole IDea to cut Cable and not go back to it. I can get comcast and pay less per month with a contract.

So with out the PSVal you don’t need the extra Boxes.

My PSVue is only 29.99 and I don’t need a cable box on every tv to watch it. Just a streaming box I would already have. I can cancel at any time.

Then you don’t have too many channels to watch. But I said before, that you don’t need the Tivo Mini if you have and want to watch on the Android Box like Amazon Fire. Just install a Tivo App. So if you want to count the spending money now we talking different price.
And on another hand PSVal changing channels and raising the price. I remember when they advertise 120 channels for $50.00 and now you get 90 channels for $75.00… Just Like Cable or Satellite…

And don’t forget We talking about a Tablo and it’s performance. There is no match to Tivo… And don’t tell me that you have no problems. Read others user problems. When I switched to Tivo I have Zero Problems.

Peace Out…

I know that in areas where PSVue provides locals it is more expensive, but I get PSVue’s elite package for $45.00/month. That has all the channels I need & more with a cloud based DVR which serves very well as a whole home DVR system.

If you live in an area where PSVue provides the local network channels then what is the need for Tablo &/or Tivo for locals anyway?

But more importantly, I didn’t include the PSVue pricing because we were only talking about the pricing difference between Tablo & Tivo’s OTA offerings. I only mentioned it because I personally would still need the FireTV devices because Tivo does not offer an app for PSVue. As I have stated before, if Tivo did have an app for PSVue then I likely would have gone that route instead of Tablo. Regardless of what the PSVue cost is, I would have that cost with either the Tablo or the Tivo Roamio.

Also, I have never claimed to be a cord cutter. I only developed the need for an OTA DVR system once PSVue became a viable option to conventional cable/satellite companies. With PSVue & Tablo, I save over $100.00/month verses my traditional cable company options with a whole home DVR system.

As has been stated before, everyone has different needs & desires when it comes to their home entertainment system. PSVue & Tablo serves me quit well. I do not disagree that Tivo provides a superior user experience with what it does provide, but as is - Tivo does not provide what I want/need.

So PSVue Rase price again and pay more less channels. Just like cable…

Yes, starting in October I believe, they will raise their prices by $10/month in all area’s that are currently getting that discount due to no locals. I’m not happy about it, but I did a pretty thorough comparison & for me they will still be the best bargain at $55/mo, but Sling is now going to be closer in value.