Slow fast forwarding of commercials

Me either. I don’t need 4K, at least not for a long time…

1 Like

I too wish there was more in the Roku 4 besides 4k, a remote finder and slightly faster processor. Oh… I guess it might also have more adanced WiFi… maybe that is “a lot”… but didn’t impress me (?)

My thoughts exactly

It’s interesting because despite the much faster processor, I have read in multiple reviews that the UI speed and streaming performance are almost identical between the Roku 3 and 4.

1 Like

I have both and agree, the speed difference isn’t obvious.

I think the channel creators have to account for it though as I can say the CRACKLE channel is 100% better, faster, easier, etc, but that channel is completely different between the 3 and 4, completely different layout and look.

Pluto TV is faster and more stable for me on the 4.

Netflix will do the pre-load of the show a bit faster. IE, if I click into a series and pause a second without starting the show, it will pre-load and jump in quicker, but its marginal and if I quickly go direct into playing the show, not allowing it time to preload, its exactly the same…

2 Likes

Probably need new thread if we continue the Roku 4 path… we’ve taken this thread way off topic.

2 Likes

I have a roku 3, things were working great for the first time, then 2.2.8 and I now have the problem you have. try to fast forward and it takes 3 minutes to load. Very Unhappy

@Jpaulmille - Sorry to hear that. Can you try rebooting your router/Tablo/Roku leaving 2 minutes between each reboot and see what happens?

Switched from Chromecast to Nexus player. FF response now instantaneous.

1 Like

Try Nexus player instead? Game changer for me.

Game changer only for non-Amazon Prime users right? Amazon Prime and Prime Instant Video are part of our cord cutting solution. Other may have done similarly…

Correct. Never transitioned to Amazon. Use Netflix from time to time. I like the low cost and flexibility.

1 Like

I hear you, It’s just that lots of people are already Amazon Prime members because they wanted the free expedited shipping (or other features). So having access to Amazon Prime Video is a plus for those that already subscribe.

I hear now that the Nvdia Shield could be the very best of the Android TV crowd (including for Plex)… but I don’t have one (again that silly Amazon limitation). Some poeple got it for $125 this past weekend, still that’s more than 3x the cost (usually) of a Nexus.

I would recommend keeping a cheap Roku lying around for Amazon Prime if that’s important to you, and get an Android TV to regularly use for everything else including Tablo. Just an idea :smile:

1 Like

Interesting to note that Tablo themselves use Nexus player for some of their testing procedures.

Tried rebooting as requested, takes 3 min to load on roku 3 and if fast forward same load time, tried on pc would not play with out stop starting, as always works great on iPad.

@Jpaulmille - Please touch base with support. http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

@Jpaulmille @TabloTV Did you find a solution for this? I am having the same issue.

So here is my update. Upgraded firmware to latest 2.2.8 if I remember correctly. I also bought a Roku 3 on a Black Friday deal and plugged it directly into my router via Ethernet. Everything is very speedy now skipping through commercials frame by frame. Negligible load time after pushing play.

BUT, my other older Roku (an XD) on Wi Fi in another room is still very slow. It is slightly faster since the firmware update to Tablo, but just barely.

As always my iPad and iPhone are still very fast.

Now if I could only bare to watch live TV on Tablo, it’s horrible in so many ways, things would be great.

JHope this helps.