Skipped to Live at Top of the Hour

My wife was watching the Today show.  During the 9 o’clock hour, she paused the show for something and then later continued watching.  But, she didn’t get caught up to the live version by the top of the hour.   At that point, the story she had paused to watch and was in the middle of playing and watching was lost and the Tablo started playing the live TV for the top of the hour.  It was still the Today show, but a new hour of it. Even if it wasn’t the same show, I wouldn’t think that should matter.  Nothing was setup to record, she was just trying to catch up on the show she was watching live.

How much space is left on your HDD?

As well I think it’s reasonable if someone pauses live TV the Tablo should not continue to record indefinitely. After an hour or so, it should revert back to live TV.

I asked about this before and I think the number is like 10 hours you can pause live TV, so I would ask how long did she pause?

@SRKirkpatrick Yes, as @Jestep has mentioned, the duration of of the pause is important here. Also, if the drive is full (as @theuser86 has suggested) it could have ran out of space. 

But, she didn't get caught up to the live version by the top of the hour.   At that point, the story she had paused to watch and was in the middle of playing and watching was lost and the Tablo started playing the live TV for the top of the hour.

Everyone will tell you that Tablo has a timed buffer for live TV… But my experience is like yours… I can never catch up before Tablo drops the buffer and leaves you wondering why you trust this device with any part of your sanity. So I never pause Tablo, it’s just not worth the risk. Never pause a football game!

I’m pretty certain Tablo only pauses for the duration of the guide data of the current show. Now just… Maybe… All your (and mine) tuners were scheduled to record shows at the “to of the hour” leaving the live TV tuner unavailable… But any sensible DVR solution would then popup an override message to the live TV viewer.

If Tablo can first acknowledge this issue then maybe we can look forward to a sensible solution to this.