Shows are scheduled one hour late

CHCH 11-1 in Hamilton Ontario - Evening news at 6 did not start at 6:00. In the timeline it appears to be scheduled to start at 7:00:
Maybe this is a miscalculation due to daylight savings.

What device did you use to setup your Tablo? It usually pulls the time zone setting from that.

Tablo FAQs: Do I Need Internet to Use a Tablo OTA DVR?

1. To Set the Time

Each time your Tablo OTA DVR turns on, it will check for something called the Network Time Protocol (NTP) which tells the system what year, date, and time it is in your location. Your home router will pass this info on from your ISP, which identifies your location based on your IP address.

Says it’s IP based, and it knows my zip code. I’d suggest blue button reboot, so it can update the time… but true, it needs to know the right time zone.

Mine seems to work ok, and hopefully the reboot will fix it for the OP, but something to think on…

I have Centurylink fiber and evidently their servers (or whatever infrastructure) are based out of somewhere in Missouri. Some websites will pick up that location and I get info based on that until I enter my correct zip code or location info. Why those idiots think a global product would somehow be based at the end users location is beyond me. I’ve found no way to tell any of my browsers to report a correct location.

Thank goodness Tablo seems to ignore that crap and gives me the correct time zone.

I had similar concern with IP based locations - extremely inaccurate, but we’re talking time zone. I figured, generally it should be close, time zones are large but I’m sure that sill leaves a lot on the cusps of the zones with hassles. Considering it uses zip code for guide data - maybe because not everyone gets guide data? and asking for it to adjust time wouldn’t make sense.

It seems the guide data for CHCH in Hamilton is the only station with an issue. Maybe it will get sorted out in a few days.

If it doesn’t, let us know Harry!

1 Like