Setup trouble with new 4 tuner unit

I am trying to setup a new Tablo 4 tuner system and am having trouble. I feel like the unit is defective, but would like some advice. This is a new system for my parents house, I have a fully working Tablo system at my house so I’m familiar with the setup process and the product.

So the trouble is just that no Tablo App can find the new system. When I go to the web page http://my.tablotv.com it will say nothing was found and give me the option to rescan or add via WiFi. Rescanning finds nothing. Adding via WiFi doesn’t work because the “Tablo_XXXX” network isn’t anywhere to be found (yes, I know the X’s are replaced with some other characters, there is no network that starts with “Tablo_” available).

I’ve also tried the iOS app as well, same story. Can find the Tablo scanning and no wireless network to be found.

The Tablo is connected directly to an xfinity modem/router via ethernet cable. Nothing fancy going on with the network configuration.

I’ve tried unplugging and plugging the unit in several times, no change in the behavior I see.

So my next thought was to factory reset the thing, I think you are supposed to hold the blue button on the back for a bit and the blue light on the front should eventually blink. Interestingly, nothing ever happens when you play with the blue button on the back. You can hold it for minutes, the light on the front never blinks once. You can press and release the blue button, nothing happens, blue light stays on steady. In fact, the second you plug the unit in the blue light turns on, never blinks or anything. The only time the blue light changes is when you unplug it.

So, any ideas? Just a bad unit? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

If the Tablo is connected via Ethernet, the WiFi module won’t engage.

Try disconnecting it, rebooting the Tablo and it should start broadcasting the WiFi signal.

https://www.tablotv.com/setup-networking/#wifi

Sorry, I didn’t mention that I’ve tried rebooting with the ethernet cable plugged in and not plugged in. Still never saw a Tablo_XXXX network available.

:frowning: That’s not a good sign.

Try pulling the power, letting it sit for 5 minutes and start over with a fresh browser/app open.

If that doesn’t do the trick, connect it to Ethernet and drop our support team a note. We can verify if the WiFi is indeed on the fritz and send a replacement if needed.

www.tablotv.com/ask-tablo