Setting up from the Antenaa

I am looking at possibly buying the 4 tuner Tablo and am going to put an Antenna on my roof.  I have HD Directv now and plan on using the existing the cable and mount from my roof into the house.  My question is, will this work?  And the cable coming out of the antenna, do I just need to run 1 cable into the Tablo and the table will split that signal and allow me to record 4 different shows at time?  I've seen other people talk about using splitters for OTA but they weren't using Tablo.

Hopefully this makes sense.  Thanks 

Tablo can connect directly to the coax cable from your antenna.  Splitting, etc.  does come at some signal cost.  Now… if you’re talking about somehow sharing a regular antenna and Direct TV on the same cable … not sure how possible that is.  AFAIK, the signals are different and maybe they don’t get along.

But as long as you’re talking about VHF and UHF on the coax… should be fine.

Yes. Just one cable is enough coming out of the antenna which you need to attach to the back of the Tablo. With that it can record 4 shows at the same time. You will need a splitter only if you want to feed the same signal say to your TV or to another box.

You will need a splitter only if you want to feed the same signal say to your TV or to another box.

Which isn’t a bad idea if you want to watch live TV and record 4 other programs :slight_smile:

Plus not to mention the video quality is better when plugged directly into the tuner of the HDTV. Tablo is good quality but just not 100%.