Selling an "Extra" 4-tuner model (if there is such a thing)

Hi folks,

I hope this is an appropriate post and place to post. Please kindly let me know if not and I’ll resolve. :smile:

Let me first start by sharing my appreciation for version 2.2.2. Tablo performance has been much better and my wife has decided not to leave me for the cable guy. (har, har, har…).

I do however find myself with some spare equipment on my hands. We bought a 4-tuner unit for my parents at the beginning of August, however family circumstances have changed and they are selling their home and moving in with us for a time.

This leaves me with a 4-tuner with very low mileage which is now surplus to our household which has one of its own. If anyone is interested, I’m happy to work with you to get this to you quickly. Presently I have a lifetime guide subscription connected to the unit, however I know that Nuvyyo states in the agreement that it is not transferrable without their consent. I’m unclear it that means that this may be possible, but at any rate it’s already associated with the device, so unless the subscription gets willfully deleted, it goes with the device.

Any interest? $250USD or best reasonable offer. First come, first served.

Thank you.

Do you have both your Tablos on the same account with the lifetime subscription?

I do not. We registered them under our respective user accounts.

Then I don’t see why you can’t transfer the lifetime sub to the buyer, just give them the account information upon purchase.

Oh, I definitely understand that I could do this – however, I also am aware that per the terms of the agreement, Nuvyyo says that that service transfers are unauthorized without express permission. I’m just trying to do this the “right” way, if there is such a thing. :wink:

Well you must really love Tablo if you and your parents both purchased lifetime subscriptions, you could have easily added them your subscription as a second Tablo for free.

So I’m sure Tablo won’t mind you transferring off the subscription.

Well, I do love Tablo, and yeah, I wasn’t aware that subscription “pooling” was a possibility. Even so, I’m betting it’s preferred that each household use their own subscription. I don’t know.

At this point, I’m just looking to overlook my dumb mistake and make peace with my past as I pass the device on.