Scan Differences

Restful API apps work one way while HTML apps work differently…

What some users have ask for is an aggregate scan. Two antennas through an A/B switch or one antenna on a rotor.

Scan one direction in current fashion and add the other directional scan without modifying the previous scan.

I don’t have any real programing experience, just some understanding…

Any information I find about RESTful API says it uses HTTP request GET, POST, PUT and DELETE. I know that’s exactly how HTML app works. (not sure about ‘app’) HyperText Transfer Protocol - HyperText Markup Language. They kind of go together.

When I use my web browser with the console open, watching network traffic, I can see:

2018-11-09T00:23:44.036Z [XHR] POST http://192.168.1.11:8885/batch ["/guide/series/107","/guide/series/276"] 
2018-11-09T00:23:44.209Z [FindTitles] REST query finished. null

The “REST query finished” leads me to believe there’s not a lot of rewriting for every device out there… and a pc based browser is incapable of running a RESTful API - it’s all HTTP

What’s your point?

Tablo claims the Roku app uses Restfull APis. The browsers use HTML usually as an app from cloudfront.

The Fire TV stick app uses HTML. The Preview app Restful API. All the various other apps one or the other.

This can lead to differences in behavior between Restful API apps and HTML apps.

Everything interacts with RESTful API and uses scripting (JS), CSS and markup language in some form to present the data.

Restful API versus HTML use to be the moniker used to describe the difference between app architectures where various functions, such as sync, were performed asynchronously in the background versus synchronously in the foreground.

If you are really interested in the tablo protocol use wireshark. It’s much more entertaining and you can write a tablo plug-in.