Roku Vers. 7 build 9044 out - no LPW while watching recordings

Just realized the author mentioned “recordings” in the topic title. Does this then mean the LPW issue is still plaguing live TV?

I’m asking because I was hit by three consecutive LPWs today on my up-to-date Roku 3 and quad Tablo while watching live TV (5Ghz Wi-Fi, but the Tablo is hard-wired to the router).

Changed setting to 1080-10 yesterday and haven’t had a single Roku playback/live tv hiccup. Real happy with how things are going after moving the Tablo back to the router location and with how well the Roku update is playing out. Seems the stars have aligned making this Tablo a beast yet again.

1 Like

I’ll throw my hat in – at least tentatively, this latest Roku build has also fixed my Tablo issues as well.

1 Like

Somewhere on this forum someone reported a conversation with Roku and said they don’t recommend connecting via a 5Ghz Wi-Fi connection and Roku prefers channels 1, 6 or 11. You might try connecting your Roku via 2.4 Ghz and manually set your Wi-Fi channel to see it makes a difference with your LPW’s on live TV.

This is interesting as my Rokus don’t even see my 5GHz

I’ve been running all of my Rokus on 5GHz with no issues. They’re all streaming sticks, 3400X & 3500X.

My Roku 3 Model 4200 sees my 5 GHz band from a TP-Link TL-WDR3600 router.

I run my Roku on the 2.4 GHz network though.

Dang, my Roku 4 isn’t showing the new update, and when I try it says up to date with the older 8xxx. My two Roku sticks were able to upgrade and Tablo is smooth is silk on those.

Roku 4 v7.0 Build 8863 is the latest, and came out around the same time Build 9044 came out for other Rokus.

The build numbers are different per Roku device. Yes, that’s very annoying but that’s Roku.

You may have the most up to date firmware for the Roku 4, I am not privy to all the build numbering.

I have a Roku three that when using the Tablo wirelessly at 2.4 or 5 repeatedly had loading please wait, stuttering, falling behind of key presses and reboots. The latest update of the Roku, after using the Tablo for a few days now, has NOT had one issue. Sucks to be Tablo and have the seemingly random acts of another company impact your product so significantly.

3 Likes

Another 5 days in and not a single Tablo issue after Roku 9044!

3 Likes

Tablo viewing has also been rock solid for me on both a Roku 4 and Roku 3 post firmware updates…

I have also noticed how quiet the forums are now that almost no one is complaining about Roku LPW and blaming Tablo for the problem… “oh… it was mostly a Roku issue?” (*then they quietly step away backwards)… haha

I am grateful it is working so well now… and always trusted Tablo peeps were doing their best to solve the issue the whole time…

4 Likes

And what about those “I’m aheadin out for Tivo cause the wife cain’t take it anymore and the kids are gunnin for me” bunch? “Jest so y’all know, I’ll be back to tell you how much greener the pastures are over there.” Oh BTW aren’t you just a bunch of suckers to stay with this product.

1 Like

Exactly, I hate to say “I told you so”, but all those people who put Roku on a pedestal as an example of perfect software incapable of mistakes, and blamed Tablo instead, have been proven wrong and remained silent since the last Roku update.

5 Likes

Same here…stopped counting the days though…seems forever. Very happy for Tablo folks that things worked out the way they have. They did what they were supposed to to get Tablo to work reliably again with the Roku platform. No way they could just sit back and wait for that to happen. Kind of a minimum in my book. Time will tell if they’ll be able to stay ahead of things and way too soon to say the early droppers were smart or not. I’m just glad to be back to watching and appreciative of the work they did to get (most of) us to this point.

Happy New Year Nuvyyo Team and fellow users, looking forward to a great 2016.

3 Likes

My Roku3 is on 9044 and has been really good until lately, but I have seen LPW randomly for the last few weeks. Just tonight, I happened to notice that the wife was using the microwave when the LPW was happening. Could the microwave cause the LPW? My Roku3 is on wifi, but not sure if that matters.

Yes a microwave can interfere with WiFi signals. Are you running your Roku on the 2.4 GHz band for Wireless N?

I microwave will definitely interfere with Wifi using the 2.4GHz range. If you can switch to 5GHz, that will reduce the problem.

1 Like

Thanks for that information, I did not realize it. Yes, am using the 2.4 wifi. I will switch it over to the 5 wifi. (assuming the Roku can do it).