Roku Ultra vs Roku 4

I also have TCL Roku TVs and they work great with Tablo. I am not as excited about 4K, if you have a home data cap you can really eat that up with 4K.

EXACTLY why I use OTA/Tablo for most of our TV show viewing vs OTT services like YouTube TV, Sling, etc. Until we we are in a post-data cap world I don’t want to be using data for regular viewing as well.

1 Like

There’s actually a lot of “impracticalities” with regards to 4K, streaming, etc., even apart from caps (size, speed, etc). Let’s face it, we didn’t handle HD all that well, but certainly has gotten better over the years. Might take a while before “4K everything” becomes practical. IMHO, right now, it’s technology designed to make you want to buy a new TV, but not sure if it gains you much of anything except a lot of pain. That will change over time of course.

With that said HDR (one of those after the fact things) does seem to make a noticeable difference for most, unlike 4K. Would have been nice to see HD HDR and have the 4K put off until “high speed” and “large stuff” made a bigger step forward.