Roku Remote Use

Has any progress been made with Roku remote connect where the Tablo and Roku are not on the same network (IE different houses).

I would want to be able to access Tablo from vacation home where I have no access to broadcast but do get internet.

No ETA on Tablo Connect for Roku. It’s on their to-do list.

For now I use a router as a VPN client and then connect the Roku to the router and remote viewing works. You need an Internet where the Tablo is that has a fast upload speed, say about 10 Mbps for 720p content.

No ETA on Tablo Connect for Roku. It's on their to-do list.

For now I use a router as a VPN client and then connect the Roku to the router and remote viewing works. You need an Internet where the Tablo is that has a fast upload speed, say about 10 Mbps for 720p content.

@jeremymc7 Like theuser86 says, it isn’t currently supported, but it bears repeating that if/when it is supported, you’ll need a solid upload speed from the location that the Tablo is at to have a decent large screen experience.  His estimate of 10Mbps sounds about right.  I’m on TWC and with their Turbo tier, I only get 2Mbsp up, and the max we can get in my area is 5Mbps up.  Tends to be the limiting factor in place-shifting video quality.

No ETA on Tablo Connect for Roku. It's on their to-do list.

This is a new one for me. Could you give me specifics as to how to accomplish this. If I could get a work around going until an offical solution is in place I’d pick up a Tablo now.

@jeremymc7

Send me a PM and I can give you a bit more information. Answer me this first please:

1. What is the make and model of your current router?
  2. What is the upload speed of your internet connection?

I have an Apple Time Capsule as primary and a Verizon Fios ActionTec modem / router.

My internet speed is 100/100. Plenty of bandwidth.