Roku "loading" issues, but iPad streams just fine?

I have the latest Roku 3 with all firmware updates and tried both Roku channels, but it is constantly going into the “loading” screen while watching a show. I can watch the same recording on my iPad in the same room with no issues at all.

I can still return the Roku if there is a better streaming solution as I really like the Tablo and want to make it work!

What recording quality are you using on the Tablo?

The 720/roku option

Return it and wait for the new apple tv, Roku is garbage

xxxx cccc xx cc

xxxx cccc xx cc

I find it quite helpful, I tested Roku 3 thoroughly, Tablo could never figure out why Roku is rebooting since they launch their product, it’s been nearly a month and a half where you can’t use the 1080p resolution and even at 720p bugs still occurs, so far it seems like the only solution the tablo team can come up is a new 1080p with less fps…

So yeah, returning Roku and waiting for a better device to come out is a helpful solution

Yes the Roku is wireless (2.4ghz N router). I cannot remember what resolution the Roku is set at (not at home now). I’m guessing 720, but could be 1080 as that is what my tv is.

xxxx cccc xx cc

xxxx cccc xx cc

My Roku 3 used to get the loading screen a bit too often (3 to 4 times in a 1 hour playback of a recorded program) and I am connecting over wifi at 5GHz. After moving the Roku 3 closer to the router (swapped it with the Amazon Fire TV box in the master bedroom) the loading problems went away. It still was a little sluggish in the Live TV guide, but that was resolved by adding a microSD card. I picked up a Samsung 16GB microSD card at Best Buy on sale for $8.99. From what I understand, 16GB is overkill for the Roku, but that was what was on sale and it is compatible. I read lots of people saying the Sansdisk microSD is not recognized by the Roku.

Greg