Roku App Crashing For Anyone Else Since the Update?

I just received a major update to the Roku 3 today.  I hope that doesn’t affect the Tablo app fix too much (the Tablo app still crashes under the new Roku build).

@snowcat Is the new firmware 6.1? This is the version that brought this crash on us originally - we’re still tweaking the release now, but we’ll be releasing it ASAP.

Yes, it is.

Finally getting this 6.1 update, I will try mine also

Hey Maybe while you are at it, the default sorting does not display older shows. When I say older I mean by a few weeks. I have to go to a different sort to see them.

FYI @TabloSupport - my Roku 2XS started crashing when the Tablo app was updated (the one with the updated splash screen); I’m still on Roku firmware 5.5.  EDIT: My Roku just updated to 6.1.

@mbellaire We’re finally going to be pushing out this fix today. Thanks for your patience, all.

@mbellaire @Jestep @Snowcat @Glenn 

We’ve just pushed this out. Your Tablo Roku channel will update within the next 24 hours. You can also use the ‘check for updates’ option through the Roku Settings menu to download it without waiting. 

Updated the Tablo Roku app, tested, and no more crashing for me!

Yep v1.12 build 12 when you force a system update on the Roku.

Very nice.  The shows I had problems with all load and play correctly now.  Thanks!

Hi,

I’m still having trouble with this. The Roku Tablo app exits when I try to access episodes of a show for which I have several seasons recorded (Big Bang Theory, Murdoch Mysteries).

• Model 3500X - Roku Stick
  • Roku v6.1, build 5609
  • Tablo v1.13, build 14

Also a problem with a Roku 3 (same software).

Are there any new updates in the offing?

Delete the Tablo channel off the Roku, restart the Roku and re-install the channel from the link on the Tablo website.

Or you can just search the Roku Channel Store for the Tablo channel. It is an official channel now.

Tried that, no luck. It downloaded v1.13 build 14 again.

I installed from the Roku streaming channels menu, rather than go to the Roku website, Would that make a difference?

Also tried downloading from Roku website. Still get v1.13, build 14. Still crashes.

@Icebiker

I looked around the forums and I believe this is a known bug they are working to fix. You can access other shows that have only 1 season recorded?

I am running a Roku 3 with the latest firmware (v6.1), latest Tablo verison (v1.13 build 14), and can access Seinfeld which has 4 seasons recorded with no issues. 

What firmware is your Tablo running?

My Roku 3 is crashing again with the Simpsons and Family Guy ( at least 5 seasons of each). Same setup as TheUser.

@TabloSupport

Looks like the bug has re-surfaced per Icebiker and snowcat. If I can replicate it, I will let you know.

The issue I had with one of my series recordings before the January 14th update has now returned.

@Icebiker

I looked around the forums and I believe this is a known bug they are working to fix. You can access other shows that have only 1 season recorded?

I am running a Roku 3 with the latest firmware (v6.1), latest Tablo verison (v1.13 build 14), and can access Seinfeld which has 4 seasons recorded with no issues. 

What firmware is your Tablo running?

My Tablo version is 2.1.20. I actually have three flavours of Roku (Stick, 2, 3), and they all have the same software versions, and they all have the problem.

Multi season recordings that don’t work are Murdoch Mysteries (5 seasons), Big Bang Theory (2 seasons) and Jack Benny ( 3 seasons).

On the other hand, the Simpsons (8 seasons) works fine.

The only difference I can think of is that I think (with the exception of BBT) the bad programs have not been updated since before January. I think there have been only two new episodes of BBT since the New Year.

On the other hand, an episode of the Simplsons gets recorded almost every day. I wonder if that’s refreshing some errant bit of metadata somewhere.

I really miss watching Murdoch on the big screen…