Roku 3 or Amazon Fire TV?

It is somewhat a house of cards… that’s why they were forced to raise some rates, etc…

With that said, they go back and forth in a “bait and switch” style.  So Amazon raises rates and decreases some services (to survive), then adds “impossible” things as services and or sign-up bonuses and gets new subscribers… rinse and repeat…

Main goal is to get subscribers… just like with cable or other, they’ll tolerate some increases over time… if Amazon does things “well” it makes it hard for people to “quit them”… again, similar to cable, etc…

Something else to consider (The reason why I just sent my Roku 3 down the road in favor of another FireTV box) is WiFi direct interference.  This issue affects different networks different ways so YMMV but my Roku 3 was causing a ton of interference in top floor rooms of my house.  Even when I connected it via ethernet and moved the remote to the 5ghz band the effect was still present.  For instance, when I had the remote on the 2.4 band and my cell phone in the same room on the 2.4 band the indicated wireless strength of my cell phone went down to the very good to fair range.  When I moved the remote up to the 5ghz band the reception on the phones improved, and things were fine.  However, I then got a fire stick for the TV in the next room.  The fire stick was fine on the 2.4 band, but I wanted to put it on 5ghz since it was close enough to the router to make good use of the benefits there.  Signal strength showed excellent, but when I tried to connect to it the connection would drop down to one bar, then fail to connect.  Suspecting the problem, I unplugged my Roku 3 and popped the batteries out of the remote.  I then tried the 5ghz band again and the Fire Stick connected perfectly.  Again, YMMV but there is a lot of talk about this if you google search and read the Roku boards.