Roku 2 Slow to play after FFW and REV

Since the the latest firmware update my Roku 2 is slow to start playing after FFW and REV.  Sometime it is delayed up to 5 or more seconds, but usually it is more like 3 to 4 seconds.  Since I cannot see where I am FFW to I have to hit play often in the hopes of getting it right, so now I wait for play to start several times.  My Roku 3 is better with the faster processor, but even it has slowed after FFW and REV.  Please fix this as soon as you can.  It is sooo frustrating after things were working so well.

Thank you,
-Kevin

+1 on Roku 3 here

+1 Roku 2 here; very irritating

+1 on Roku 3. 

Either I figured it out or Tablo fixed it without telling me.  It may have been a change in the last firmware update, but I went into my settings and found 720p which I had it on and then I saw a “720p Roku/Chromecast” setting in the pull-down.  I selected that one and it seems to be better.  Not great, but more like it had been.

I guess we’ll see, but I think that setting may have been it.

Since the the latest firmware update my Roku 2 is slow to start playing after FFW and REV.  Sometime it is delayed up to 5 or more seconds, but usually it is more like 3 to 4 seconds.  Since I cannot see where I am FFW to I have to hit play often in the hopes of getting it right, so now I wait for play to start several times.  My Roku 3 is better with the faster processor, but even it has slowed after FFW and REV.  Please fix this as soon as you can.  It is sooo frustrating after things were working so well.

Thank you,
-Kevin

@djont57 Can you try the same recording quality as noted above? Let me know if it helps!

@TabloSupport

My Tablo is set to 720p Roku / Chromecast quality and I still have issues with FF and RW taking a lot longer than normal. This only happened once I updated to the new Roku channel.

Running the newest firmware and older Tablo channel, FF would not take as long as it does now. Sometimes I have to RW first to get it to play and not hang / freeze on the loading please wait screen.

I too seem to have this problem since the last Roku firmware update.  I have a Roku 3 and my recordings are in 1080 and it now takes around 10 sec to resume after FF or RW, sometime stalling and taking as much as 30 seconds.  Before the last update, it wouldn’t go over 2 sec and I haven’t changed a thing in my setup that could explain this.

@Xirpinu To rule out or rule in a speed issue, could you try the Chromecast/Roku quality and test this with a new recording?

@TabloSupport

All my devices are hard wired, and I’m using 720p Roku / Chromecast setting so it’s not a speed issue.

Problem only started with the newest Roku update. Newest Tablo channel on the 6.1 firmware.

+1 on Roku 2, but not every time.

@djont57 Can you try the same recording quality as noted above? Let me know if it helps!

No difference

@djont57 @mbellaire @theuser86 Has this been around for a while, or just since the update, as @theuser86 mentioned? We’re doing some testing this week with Roku, so we can take a closer look at this.

@TabloSupport

For me only from the recent Tablo channel update on the Roku.

Same here on Roku 3. Both tablo app and roku are on latest versions. I record at normal 720p and don’t recall having this issue pre-update. 

It seems kind of intermittent. Watched one show with no issues then the next had a few ffw delays near a minute or two!

Tablo wired
Roku wifi

Only noticed the lag after the Roku app update, but doesn’t do it all the time. Never happened with the earlier releases.

Thanks all. I’ll post something when we’ve got an update.

Same problem with my Roku 3. Since the last update it takes forever for the program to resume after FF or RW. Sometimes it gets stuck and never resumes playing. I have to back out to the main Roku screen, choose Tablo, then recordings then find the recording and resume playing it. Very annoying, so I hope it can be fixed soon.

Same problem with my Roku 3. Since the last update it takes forever for the program to resume after FF or RW. Sometimes it gets stuck and never resumes playing. I have to back out to the main Roku screen, choose Tablo, then recordings then find the recording and resume playing it. Very annoying, so I hope it can be fixed soon.

Me too on roku2

Just started experiencing this problem on Feb 2 on Roku Tablo channel.  Need a fix.