Replacement Power Supply

Anyone know the proper replacement power supply to order off Amazon or eBay. Mine has fried itself, even with a high quality surge.

I’ve got the four tuner model; if it makes a difference.

This is not normal nor expected. I assume your Tablo is less than 1 year old, maybe Tablo can replace it under warranty? Contact them directly.

This is not normal nor expected. I assume your Tablo is less than 1 year old, maybe Tablo can replace it under warranty? Contact them directly.

I did try them first. Unfortunately they said since it wasn’t purchased from them directly to go back to the retailer I purchased from. Since I’m past the 30-day window with Amazon that also means I have no option but to buy one myself.

Typing to get the right input, output, and barrel size is always a nightmare on these things though.

I know there’s AT LEAST ONE person here that’s technically skilled enough to translate their on hand adapter into one of the aftermarket one’s on Amazon.

I’d really like to get back up and running ASAP.

There likely definitely it, but it’s only been one hour. You’re going to have to wait for someone to give you a bit more details.

@jeremymc7 - Here’s the link: http://ca.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Condor-SL-Power/MENB1020A1203B01/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt5w6YCUaBPUZ5glkeTNPU3KxxPWCz8ZE8%3d

There is in fact a difference between power supplies for the 2 and 4 tuners.

@jeremymc7 Amazon has a lot of latitude with their policies.  If you spend enough with them you would be amazed at what they will do customer service wise.  Have you chatted with anyone form amazon and asked them about a replacement (even though it is after 30 days)?  

They recently bought back a TV form me that was a year and a half old.  The manufacturer wouldn’t warranty it because it was sold open box (Warehouse deals).  But then again, I buy a lot from amazon :slight_smile:  

I am a little confused.  Why isn’t this covered by Tablo’s warranty?   

I just had a Samsung camcorder break after 2 months of use.  I bought it on Amazon, but I called Samsung technical support, and I shipped back to Samsung (and it is now fixed and returned back to me).   

I just can’t believe that the Tablo has a 12 month warranty if you buy it from any site but Amazon, and there it is just 30 days.  That makes no sense.

Warranty Policy

All Nuvyyo Inc. products are provided with a 100% repair or replacement warranty for 12 months from the date of shipment from authorized retailers (Nuvyyo, Walmart, Best Buy, Future Shop, NewEgg). Warranties are not transferrable. 

If you purchased your product from an authorized Nuvyyo channel partner, please contact your place of purchase directly.

I know this doesn’t help, but I’m glad I bought mine from Tablo…

I am a little confused.  Why isn't this covered by Tablo's warranty?   

I just had a Samsung camcorder break after 2 months of use.  I bought it on Amazon, but I called Samsung technical support, and I shipped back to Samsung (and it is now fixed and returned back to me).   

I just can't believe that the Tablo has a 12 month warranty if you buy it from any site but Amazon, and there it is just 30 days.  That makes no sense.

Warranty Policy

All Nuvyyo Inc. products are provided with a 100% repair or replacement warranty for 12 months from the date of shipment from authorized retailers (Nuvyyo, Walmart, Best Buy, Future Shop, NewEgg). Warranties are not transferrable. 

If you purchased your product from an authorized Nuvyyo channel partner, please contact your place of purchase directly.

I can kind of understand I suppose. If Tablo is not being sold to Amazon directly from Tablo or through an authorized wholesaler to Amazon then 1) Tablo can’t account for the goods to be responsable for them 2) If they account account for them then offically it’s a potential unfair advantage to the unauthorized channel so Tablo says no dice to customers who choose to purchase that way to keep other channels happy.

The thing here is that in all the consumer electronics manufacturer they say no disc officially in print, but with the customer on the phone or in email they say they’ll make a one time exception and take care of the customer if not for customer service, but in retaliation that the cost of taking care of that customer is FAR less than the negative distruption they can cause in the market; especially now with foums, chat groups, review ratings, yelp, etc.     

It appears Amazon is an Authorized channel partner, thus Amazon should be the one honouring the 1 year warranty. Either Tablo directly or Amazon should be honouring the warranty. What if your unit goes? Who is going to replace it then?

@jeremymc7 - Technically Amazon Warehouse units are not covered because you’re not the original owner of the unit. This is why we generally recommend that folks buy new from an authorized reseller or if you’re buying a refurbished unit to purchase directly from us. That way we can guarantee everything is checked over. 

In this case, Amazon should just send you a new Warehouse unit. However, since Amazon doesn’t seem to want to assist you in this case, if you send over your address we’ll get a new supply out to you. 

It appears Amazon is an Authorized channel partner, thus Amazon should be the one honouring the 1 year warranty. Either Tablo directly or Amazon should be honouring the warranty. What if your unit goes? Who is going to replace it then?

Honestly I thought that Tablo was just going to good will me one, or at least to sell me one at a reasonable cost. I was “slightly” shocked to hear take it up with the retailer. Especially with how excellent Tablo is in so many other areas. 

I really don’t find buying a $5 replacement part to get me up and running again sooner. Sure some people will say it’s the principle of the thing. But it’s really not work adding more stress to my life.
@jeremymc7 - THowever, since Amazon doesn't seem to want to assist you in this case, if you send over your address we'll get a new supply out to you. 

Tablo to the rescue, as always !

THANK YOU ! ! !

Ah I see this now, Buy New for $299.99 and Buy Used for $269.45 - if you in fact bought it used from Amazon Warehouse then that’s entirely fair you only get a 30-day warranty per Amazon’s policies.

I was under the impression you bought it New directly from Amazon @jeremymc7

Hmmm… you know usually if you complain at Amazon, they usually “make things right” plus they usually give you some free Amazon cash for your troubles.  Amazon gets things “wrong” a lot… and there have been times when “wrong” couldn’t be made up by Amazon’s “make things right” style policy… but still… they always seem to try harder than most (but I do wish they’d get things right the first time).

I have a love-hate relationship with Amazon.

Amazon did something wrong with me and lost the sale.  I originally purchased a Tablo 2 tuner and a 1 TB disk from Amazon prior to seeing the excellent promo @Newegg and @TabloTV worked out.  I told Amazon about the deal and got a refund of the purchase price since the order had not shipped yet, and placed the order with Newegg for the 4 tuner and FREE disk for the SAME PRICE!

I did pay a little extra to get it faster.  In addition, Newegg purchases have no sales tax in Texas and Amazon does.

I am also just looking to get the power supply that did not even come with my purchase. Two tuner.

@Tom_Holcomb - Where did you purchase your unit? Was it new or used?