Repacking Progress

There is a great website NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) that is now keeping track of what stations will be doing for the repack (as reported BY THE STATIONS themselves):

http://www.nab.org/repacking/clearinghouse.asp

I learned for instance that channel 39 (ABC) in my area will be doing this:

Call Sign: WSB
Licensee: Georgia Television, LLC
DMA: Atlanta, GA
Old Channel: 39
New Channel: 32
Power: 869
Facility ID: 23960
Transition Phase: 5

My wife’s favorite will not be going off the air but switching frequencies:

Call Sign: WUVG-DT
Licensee: Univision Atlanta LLC
Old Channel: 48
New Channel: 18
Power: 50.8
Facility ID: 48813

My favorite will also be moving:

Call Sign: WUPA
Licensee: CBS
Old Channel: 43
New Channel: 36
Power:
Facility ID:

So far good news - no loss of channels for us!!! Approximately 70% of stations (more than 500) have reported their plans. None of mine are moving to VHF. Better than what I expected. No one here is taking the money and running away…

Thanks for the link, I was wondering when this list would come out. My San Antonio channels won’t change to VHF, which is great. One Austin station hasn’t been listed yet.

I found it better by searching by station rather than geographic area. Some stations aren’t linked in their report to a specific DMA.

I don’t see any philly channels listed yet. Have to keep checking.

Filter by DMA (DMA rank)
Philadelphia, PA (4)

Call Sign: KYW
DMA: Philadelphia, PA
Old Channel: 26
New Channel: 30
Power:
Facility ID:
Transition Phase: 4

Call Sign: WFPA-CD
Licensee: WXTV License Partnership, G.P.
Old Channel: 28
New Channel: 35
Power: .65
Facility ID: 74216

Call Sign: WPSG
Old Channel: 32
New Channel: 33
Power:
Facility ID:

Call Sign: WQAV-CD
Licensee: WMT, LLC
Old Channel: 50
New Channel: 26
Power: 9.38 kW
Facility ID: 191822

Call Sign: WTXF
Licensee: FTS, LLC
Old Channel: 42
New Channel: 31
Power: 499
Facility ID: 51568

Wth, maybe I was searching by call sign. I’m curious as to what they will at abc. It’s on vhf lol right and it’s a bear to get.

How do you know if the channel is moving from uhf to vhf? Thanks for the assist.

ABC Philly is not obliged to move since they’re on a frequency untouched by the repack.

However it appears that some channels are moving to new frequencies even though they don’t have to. They may be making deals with other stations to vacate a frequency for other stations to make a move.

There is also speculation that some moves are being made (when not required) with ATSC 3.0 in mind given that stations will be investing in new transmitters.

If ABC Philly were to move from VHF to UHF for a non-related (repack) reason one would see an entry for them where the old channel (6) is the VHF one and the new one is a UHF one (in the 14-36 range).

Gotcha, one can only hope, but most of my dreams are dashed before taking fruit…just kidding of course.

In Austin two stations were listed that the before and after were the same channel. Wondering why they were listed, unless the site will update, and they should, and list every channel in a DMA.