Remote access on mobile data

Hi,

Just bought the full subcription.

Try to see if the remote connection work with my cellphone data.

The remote section in the setup is active and say that the tablo is ready for remote connection.

But when i try it the app show connecting in blue and after approx 30sec a message appear saying “A connection to your tablo could not be established. Please check your internet connection.”

I’m with virgin mobile.

It is normal that it dont work over cell Phone data?
Thanks!
Fred

Has the Tablo Connect feature worked before when you had the trial subscription?

Also does the Tablo recognize you have a valid subscription?

Yep and yep.

Update : Very strange to me!!! ha ha!! I did a test where I put my cellphone in hotspot mode and I connected my tablet to my hotspot cellular data. I have been able to successfully connect to my tablo this way!!!

I was thincking first that the cellphone network was the problem but with that test??? I don’t know!! It is strange??!!

What you think?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Fred

No I can connect to my Tablo remotely using my Bell LTE, Virgin is owned by Bell and uses the Bell network.

So is my cellphone is the problem?

I have been able to connect remote with it but on a wifi network.

Strange…???

What you think it can be?

Try your cell phone on a remote WiFi network, go to a Tim’s or Starbucks and try it. Or wait till you’re at work.

Ok so I just tried connecting remotely to my Tablo using my Bell LTE network on my iPhone 7 Plus and it doesn’t work. See below. The OP is on Virgin Mobile and having the same problem. I turn on my WiFi (remote connection) and it works just fine.

@TabloTV @TabloSupport

Has something changed with Bell that doesn’t allow the Tablo Connect feature to work? Could this be related to IPv4 vs IPv6 issue others have been having on other carriers?

Thanks!

Ok but i dont think its a cellphone network issue as i have been able to connect to my tablo with my galaxy tab connected via wifi to my cellphone hotspot! (That use the mobile data)

can you try this and confirm that it work to that way?

Cheers!

Hey all, we’re looking into this now. We should have some info soon.

1 Like

Just did a test today at work with my iPhone 7 on Bell LTE network and I was able to connect remotely to my Tablo. I was also able to stream a recording and watch Live TV. I’m still on iOS 11.4.1 on my iPhone. Not sure if that makes a difference.

When you say at work, you don’t mean using the work WiFi do you?

I’m using an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 11.4.1- I cannot connect remotely using Bell LTE or 3G network (just tried now too to make sure it wasn’t a transient issue - no go).

We don’t have any Wifi at work. That was on Bell LTE network.

Any update on this issue?

I have upgraded my iPhone 7 Plus to iOS 12 and I still cannot connect remotely via Bell LTE. I can connect remotely using an external WiFi.

Failure is below.

Thanks!

No news on this yet, but we’ve got a good test environment set up and we’re continuing to pursue this.

Omg I’m so dumb. I had the cellular data turned OFF in my settings for the Tablo app. I don’t know why it was off.

Turned it back on and it works again.

@Sotho

3 Likes

I guess it might be helpful to receive a warning that cellular data is turned off like some other apps do.

1 Like