Remote Access broke again!

DHCP Reservation is an advanced feature on the Linksys Wi-Fi Router. It is especially useful when you are setting up a computer as well as wired or wireless network devices such as printers, network storage, gaming device, or server computers that you want to have access using a specific IP Address.

2 Likes

I was also frustrated by the remote streaming reliability but I stumbled on to a solution that worked for me. I was having a similar problem with my security cameras that would only be fixed by resetting the modem/router so I bought a programmable timer from amazon and set it to cut power to my modem at 0200 and restore power at 0202 every night. It solved both problems. My cameras and my Tablo have never fell off line since. Of course if someone wants to rob my house they can do it during that time to stay of camera ha ha

A HUGE THANK YOU to Tablo for finally fixing this in today’s release of a new iOS app.

My earlier complaint in this thread was posted 3 years ago in 2015, so my remote access has been a long and irritating issue most recently an iPV6 issue. So glad to see this finally fixed.

Thanks again ,
Larry

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but since someone else brought it back from the dead.

My Tablo did something weird that would have broke remote viewing… It started using different ports. Since my router needs port forwarding set up in advance that would have been an issue if I had not been home (and noticed) to update it.