Recordings crashing apps, freezing, cutting to black

Hi I’m running version 2.2.24 on a 4-tuner Tablo. Recently I’ve started having trouble with recordings being VERY difficult to watch. There are glitches at specific points that with crash an iPhone watching the recording and an apple TV watching the recording cuts to black and is unresponsive. I hit menu to go back and play it again and it starts the program over. I can fast forward a minute or two past the glitch but can’t get too close or it locks up.

I’ve reset the Tablo and verified I have good signal strength from attic antenna. Is anyone seeing this issue as well? Unbelievably frustrating, something like 10-12 restarts to get through one show, missing 1-2 minutes each restart.

:frowning:

Hey there - when you say there are glitches at certain points, is this visual breakup or pixelation in the video? If so this is usually indicative of a reception issue about 95% of the time. Otherwise, it could be a hard drive issue - do you have one attached? If so, try removing it and playing live TV without it attached. Do you see a difference?

Feel free to send our team a ticket and we can work with you on this directly.

Hi, thanks. On Apple TV it’s a cut to black and the playhead stops moving, no pixelation or dropout, but a full stop and no picture. You have to restart the show and skip passed the trouble spot, no image degradation before or after the full stop. On an iPhone it just crashes the app.