Recording Indicator Light

If Tablo had a recording indicator led on the Tablo unit letting the user know it is recording that would be very helpful

1 Like

Why? Just go to the live TV guide and the channel name will flash red showing you it is recording.

Most of us have our Tablos stashed away where we can’t see them.

1 Like

I think looking at the Tablo unit is much easier than having to access the guide, just saying

Why are you needing to know it’s recording? (just curious)
I have a TiVo and it shows light(s) letting me know how many shows are recording. I see it every time I look over at the TV but I cannot recall ever having thought I was glad to know it was recording.

1 Like

I would say that sometimes it’s nice to see if it is or is not recording in case it should be - and it’s not. Sometimes I’ve had recordings not get recorded for one reason or another. But a quick glance at the unit might have at least “warned” me that the unit wasn’t in record mode. I have a Dual Tuner Tablo and lots of times I’m not watching TV while recording.

1 Like

I can usually tell it is not recording when the light on the hard drive is not blinking rapidly. Does your hard drive have any such indicator? Of course, a blinking light doesn’t necessarily mean it is recording (someone could be watching Tablo live or playing a recording, for example), but if the light is solid (my harddrive) or a very slow blink (my husband’s harddrive on a different Tablo), then I know there is no recording going on.

1 Like