Recording In-Progress TV show

I have searched through the forums, but I have not found an answer to my question.

Can I record an in-progress tv show from the interface?  

Example: I am watching a tv program and half way through I need to do something else.  Currently I hit the record button and it records the whole show I have been watching. (I am currently a "Direct"satellite customer)

1.  Does Tablo have the ability to do the above example?

2.  If so, can the recording be initiated from the watching Live TV interface or are you required to exit out and record from the guide

Wanting to know before pulling the plug on my current tv setup.

@jdesisto - There is no way to capture video from a previously aired live channel for recording. You can however go to the live TV area and set a show currently airing for recording. 

I understand there is no way to capture video from a previously aired live channel for recording.  However if I am correct, I would need to exit the show I am watching, go back to the live tv guide and schedule the program to record to capture the remaining time in the show.  My question really is if I can record the show I am watching without going to another screen.

No from the actual video playing on your screen there is no button to hit record. You go back to the live TV guide / grid and you can hit record from there.

Of course you cannot do this from the current Roku UI. UI updating is coming soon.

I smell a feature request!!

It’s a frequently requested feature… the ability to hit “record” while watching…

Yep - this is definitely on the request list!