Recording being broken in multiple videos

That being the case, too much unpredictability on signal power, Tablo should handle better weak signals vs just crashing and rebooting, it is an expected event to happen.

1 Like

By experience.
I keep track of the times of day for recordings that have multiple segments, which means the Tablo crashed, and rebooted, and live TV video pixelation occurances.
I just avoid using those channels during the weak signal timeframes.

There are, but good ones are expensive, and decent ones are designed to be used in a motor home, and need to be connected to a 12V battery, so not so convenient.

Agreed.
Their main response isā€¦
Get a better antenna.

ā€œTheirā€ meaning pretty much any OTA system that transcodes (Tablo being one of those).

Maybe try an outdoor antenna on the roof or in the attic (like me).

1 Like

I donā€™t believe the other systems are crashing due to weak broadcast signals, are they?

Perhaps not as you think, but processes are likely crashing. It could be viewed as a system crash depending on context.

Garbage in -> garbage out problem.

Again, Iā€™ve never had a crash due to weak signal, so YMMV.

System remaining up, but process crashes due to weak signal is fine with me.
Itā€™s the system crashing due to one weak signal process, which causes all other recordings, and live TV watching to be interrupted that bothers me.

IMHO it depends on the architecture and usually the cost. Iā€™m sure the Tablo folks are looking at what they can do to mitigate the problem (again, as one who has not seen it personally).

Iā€™m definitely having the same problem. Recording and lose a signal and the tablo (2 channel) reboots. Iā€™ve had this tablo for 2.5 years, Iā€™ve moved in the meantime. It was working pretty well at the old place (strong signal) and here but over the last month or so it really crashes a lot mid-day. The odd time Iā€™ll be watching at the same time and have caught that it is not just signal loss but a complete reboot that is happening.