Reception issue

I’ve got an excellent out door antenna, mounted in my attic. I get full bars of reception on every channel. All of a sudden I’m not getting Fox. The sub channels show up in the channel scan, but not the main channel in 1080. All the station antennas are clustered together in the hills northwest of my house, with zero interference. Any ideas?

Update. Rescanned and got Fox back. Full bars of reception, yet the picture is still choppy.

Can’t say, not enough info. Maybe a zipcode, tvfool report?
Sometimes “good” atennas are good for UHF but not so good for VHF (lots of variables).

Fox in your area is completely different than Fox in some other area (frequency and reception wise).

Oddly if you have too strong of a signal you can have problems as well. PBS 8.1 in my area is like that, strongest signal I have and I’m seeing multi path interference where the signal is bouncing off something nearby and it causes choppy reception. Using a spectrum analyzer I see it’s the strongest signal I have. Now if I switch to an indoor antenna that same station comes in perfect. I’ve tried 3-12db attenuation and it doesn’t solve the issue on my larger antenna.

Try perhaps moving the antenna a bit.

Well, I replaced my good antenna with a crappy one and it seems to have resolved the issue lol. I think my previous antenna had an amplifier I didn’t need.

1 Like