Questions around commercial skip (CS)

I’d like to better understand the relationship between watching a show that qualifies for CS, and CS getting processed. For example:
➤ Does watching a show before CS has finished interfere with it getting processed?
➤ When viewing a show before CS has finished, how can I know when CS has finished?
➤ If CS does finish while a show is viewed, what needs to happen to see the skips
(e.g. do I need to stop the show and refresh the list of recordings)?

#1 watching does not interfere witrh CS

#2 You don’t know. But after a while you have a good idea of what is in your CS processing queue and how long it takes to process. based on number of recording and size of the recording.

#3 You just have to pause the recording and back into the previous menu and then resume play. Or at least that’s what I do. tablo is a DVR so if I’m in that much of a hurry to watch something just recorded I must not be that interested in CS for that episode.

A bit more info for #2

In most apps you should see a yellow checkmark and message that the recording is ready:

It’s really hard to see the CS status in the episode description when viewing unless one pauses the recording and backs out. Or at least I haven’t discovered a way unless one sits around with multiple connects to the unit. And omicron hasn’t driven me that crazy.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.