I have not been able to get my Tablo to show program guide data either using the Web based interface or the Tablo application on my two Apple TV 4 HDs. I have reloaded channels, refreshed the channel guide, etc., etc. If I go and look at things like the “TV Shows” section, I see nothing. I’ve rebooted and rescanned several times without success. I even did a factory reset this morning and started “clean”, yet I continue to have this issue.
I would clarify that nothing, that is, nothing including the channel list appears in the program guide. It’s just a blank blue screen.
I’ve opened a ticket, but I figured I might post here and see if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. This is just one of several problems I’ve had with this device since I bought it a few weeks ago. If things don’t improve I’ll be returning it and sharing my experiences with my cord cutting friends, for sure…
And I just checked it on my iPhone and I’m seeing the guide in “Live TV”, however, the “Prime Time”, “TV Shows”, “Movies” and “Sports” sections under the “All” tab are blank. That’s both in the web interface and on the iPhone.
Just checked - on the Apple TV I’m getting the guide, however, nothing is populating under the “TV Shows” or “Prime Time” - but - there is content under the “Movies” and “Sports” sections. These are all being accessed under the “All” tab, I would add.
Spoke with Matthew in Tablo support and got the issue resolved. Seemed that the Tablo was picking up a backup file from my hard drive and trying to apply that, which corrupted the internal database. He formatted my hard drive and did a factory reset, then waited patiently while I went through the setup process again.
FYI - I had a very similar issue last night. I think it happened when I did a re-scan. Apple TV 4 UHD, MacBook, iPad - most everything was blank and showed up like you described. And on most devices, like the Apple TV, I had a normal (and visible) Active Channel list.
But on one device the Active Channel list was blank. Once I did a channel re-scan, using this same device, all started working A-OK.
I don’t know quite what happened or why this fixed it…
Not yet… but definitely something we’ll be taking a closer look at.
UPDATE - So we did manage to re-create the issue @jonM ran into which seems different than what was happening with @LWB250s unit. It requires a fairly uncommon set of circumstances to occur. The good news is that it will be fixed in the next firmware update. In the meantime, if someone else runs into this, completing a fresh channel scan at least 4 hours after the previous scan should resolve it. If you need an immediate resolution, try temporarily swapping your Tablo’s location to a nearby zip code for that 4-hour window.