Problems with AC-1750

I was setting up my router and got the Tablo and Roku and FireTV and Laptop all connected. I was going to see about changing the DNS (I can’t find the option on the mobile app) so I go to log in. I tried over 10 times so now the thing has locked ME out of MY router for TWO HOURS. I will mention this in the review I’ll do on Amazon. I looked at the mobile app and saw what I changed it to, but didn’t think of that until after the fact.

On the positive side that would have locked out children / spose / etc, but I wish there was a way to disable it. The Roku 3 in the living room found the 5GHz network, and the FireTV Stick in the bedroom found the 5 GHz network. The Roku LT 2700 in the bedroom only supports 2.4 GHz network, so of course that’s all it found.

I want to change to use OPENDNS instead of Time Warner dns, and also want to set up DHCP reservations. Unable to do both now do to not being on the mobile app and being locked out of the router for two hours. Perhaps I can log in from the browser on my phone…just thought of that.

EDIT - success - it works, so it is two hours per device.

One last ditch option, if you’re ever in that situation again, it to restore the router to factory defaults. You’ll lose all your settings, but in most cases, they’re quick and easy to reconstruct. In fact, if you make it a practice to save your settings, as you might do when doing a firmware upgrade of your router, it’s really fast to restore all your settings.

I know in the past changing the DNS settings on your router to say OpenDNS resulted in discovery issues on the Rokus using the Preview channel, as in they could not find the Tablo. This has since been fixed from my understanding, but if your Rokus or other devices stop finding the Tablo on your network you likely know why.

Your thread title is also a little misleading, sounds like you’re having playback issues on the Tablo using AC WiFi.

The FireTV stick ask for password to join either the 2.4 or 5 GHz networks, but that is as far as it gets. Nothing else displays. No channels, so I can not select Tablo on FireTV in the bedroom.

Are you saying your Fire TV Stick cannot even connect to your wireless network with your new router? Either the 2.4 GHz band or 5 GHz band.

I figured it out. When I manually typed in the IP addresses for DNS, I typed the wrong numbers. When the computer stopped connecting to the internet, I started going back to last change. Fire TV Stick is on 5 GHz network in the bedroom. Tablo is connected wireless on 5 GHz network, and so are both of my laptops and phone. The only thing that needs 2.4 GHz is the Roku LT 2700x. To keep everything simple both networks has the same password. Names are the same except one has _5G on the end.

No problems using OpenDNS. I’ve been using it for a very long time, when they had shortcuts, which now days resolve to ads.