Preventing outages on Tablo when Tablo servers are down

Dead for me too :frowning:
Edit : Well, it was down - Now it’s up :slight_smile:

Well, I had the same problem this morning on my laptop and desktop, but my iPhone app was fine. However, after a while, when I changed channels on the phone, there was suddenly no longer any sound although the video was still working. It’s still not working. Any chance this is related to the server problem? My laptop and desktop are working fine now, but not the iPhone. Thanks.

Hello all,

Our apologies for the confusion. There was a series of outages between 3:00 AM - 6:00 AM last night that we are currently investigating.

It’s peculiar that some of you weren’t able to access your Tablos from apps that should be able to connect locally (E.g the Roku, smartphones, etc).

This should not be the case, and will be part of our investigation moving forward. We’ll update this as we get more details.

1 Like

and starting the “update” timer … now. :slight_smile:

Hi all,

We’ve completed our investigation into the outage that occurred earlier this week.

If you’ve been following this thread, you’ll know that we’ve been working to add new monitoring solutions and create as much system redundancy as possible since our last outage.

Early on Tuesday morning, we were adjusting some monitoring solutions in our server stack when one of the Tablo servers went down. This caused some requests to the Tablo server to fail - which is why some of you had difficulty connecting to some apps.

The new monitoring tools and improved fallback logic we now have in place should prevent an outage of this nature from occurring again.

We’re also working to make Tablo more easily discoverable in the event of an outage. The latest Roku channel update (2.4.4) employs a new fallback discovery method that will be more reliable should your Tablo not be able to reach our servers.

We’ll be watching how this new logic works closely, and we’ll hopefully bring it to as many of the other Tablo apps as possible.

1 Like

Yay~ Thanks for the update.