Premium Services Subscription Benefit

Hello, can someone explain the Premium Services and it’s benefits? I have read what they have on their page but not sure all of what it entails. What exactly comes with the Premium subscription? I understand Commercial Skip is available and have read that info as well. Some say that commercial skip will sometimes cut-off the shows ending. Not interested in that. They say you can disabled commercial skip in settings. What are some of the other benefits of Premium? I see there is a sunset clause within the premium services too. Thank you for your time!

Premium Service is what enables the Automatic Commercial Skip feature. You can read more about it here:

This is currently the only feature enabled by Premium Service.

1 Like

Ok. Will look. Thank you for very good info. Would it not give the 2 week ahead Tablo TV
guide? Or is that a different service? Thanks.

I see 2 Week TV guide is another service. Thank you!

I had purchased the lifetime for Premium Service with the understanding that additional features beyond commercial skip would be added. Is there any roadmap or discussion about what will be added at some point to Premium?

As a side note, Commercial Skip has been largely hit-or-miss results…some shows it skips ads, others it doesn’t. I can’t determine a methodology as to what or how this occurs.

With that said and no other current features for Premium Services, my subscription purchase has been a poor investment.

I am curious why you had that understanding. And since Premium Service is no longer available to new subscribers, I can’t imagine anything will be added.

Also, there is no “lifetime” for Premium. It was monthly or annual only.

2 Likes

You’re correct in that my “lifetime” was actually for the guide subscription (which is worth it). So the annual $20 is for the commercial skip feature.

That said, I stand by my point as to the expectation that the Premium Service was going to be than simply an alternative name for Automatic Commercial Skip. But I guess that’s my fault for making an assumption.

At current the performance levels, I’ll pass on renewing next year.

1 Like