Preferred channel for recording

I happen to get multiple stations in the same tv network. For example, I get CBS on both 6 and 62. They have the same network content, but different local content. The problem is that 62 gets better reception, but Tablo defaults to recording on 6. So when I try to record “all new” of a “series”, no matter what I do, it always records on 6. Is there a way to fix that? I want to be able to watch 6, or 62, but if I’m going to record, I really would prefer 62.

2 Likes

I requested this a year ago to the month. It has been acknowledged and we’re just waiting now. See thread below.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/smart-scheduling-let-us-choose-the-channel/

Have you tried changing your zip code to that of channel 62? I don’t know if it will work, but it’s worth a try.

I have been wanting this forever and a day. I have it set to record new episodes of Judge Judy (don’t judge me). The problem is new episodes air on two separate channels: KTXH 20.1 at 1:00 PM and KRIV 26.1 at 4:00. The episodes that come on KTXH are in SD but the ones on KRIV are in HD. Tablo automatically records the ones on KTXH because they come on first. I have to REMEMBER to go in and switch them. It’s such a pain in the arse.

But then, I’m still waiting to be able to see more than the next 24 hours on the live channel grid. I thought we were supposed to be able to see two weeks worth of guide???

It is not based on zip code. Read the link below, Smart Scheduling feature results in “If two episodes are available it will pick the broadcast with the highest signal strength”. The signal strength is not dynamic, it is based on the strength when you did th channel scan at initial setup.

You have access to 2 weeks worth of guide data. If you search for a show in the TV Shows or Primetime section it has 2 weeks of data.

The actual Live TV grid only displays 1 day of the 14 days.

That is only useful if I happen to know what show I want to look for. It’s totally useless in actually looking to see what’s on more than 24 hours out.

Hope they fix it.

Thanks for your help. I guess I’ll just have to get used to it.

LoriM,

I know it is not an integrated solution, but TitanTV has very good listings available on the web for free. I use that for looking at future programming, then select by show in Tablo. It is a bit inconvenient to use two devices (well, two web-apps anyway) but it does work reliably.

1 Like

Thanks for that suggestion. I used to use TitanTV a lot more and I don’t mind their interface. Perhaps it’s time for me to use them more for this. I only cut the cord in March but I guess I’m still used to the habit of just sitting there and looking for new things to watch in the future (even though I have a daunting backlog haha).

1 Like