POLL: Most Recent on Roku - How do you want it to work?

I concur with @kf4wvk; a sort OPTION would be best so that I can choose to sort them by recent date or by unwatched. I’m sort of befuddled that unwatched is losing. Why would I want to keep recent WATCHED recordings at the top? When I come home for the day on Wednesday, I want to just watch only what I have not watched. If not, then my unwatched episode from Monday at 7pm will be completely under the pile of recent primetime shows that aired on Tuesday, even though I already watched them.

My question to all is: why do you care about recent episodes if you’ve already watched them? It’s new, and you’ve watched it, why do you care to keep it up top, even on top of new items that you haven’t watched? I must have a beautiful mind, because this question just seems so common-sense to me, but it’s losing in the polls!! Yall must be trump supporters, aren’t you :wink: LOLZ!!!

Counterpoint: Why do you keep recordings if you’ve already watched them? Why not just delete them? Then they wouldn’t show up in the ‘Recent Recordings’ list.

To answer my own question: I want them to show up because although someone else in my family may have already watched that show it may be new to me so I still want to see it in the list.

And no I’m not a Trump supporter but then again I’m from Canada, Lol!

1 Like

I watch latest episode of Big Bang Theory.
I delete latest episode of Big Bang Theory.
My daughter comes home and gives me the stink eye.

We want to watch an entire series over again.

1 Like

Lol! Exactly!

1 Like

If you want to re-watch recordings at some unknown time in the future (maybe never) why not just use the ripper and store them off the DVR.

And there is never a solution for understanding and managing just what your children want. If you have a lifetime subscription just buy a second tablo for their use. That way you can wash your hands of the situation and they can fight amongst themselves on what to record and what to save.

That is kind of overkill. First, we already have two Tablos - one for my husband and one for me - not because of any save/delete issues but because my husband and I record vastly different things (he is more sports and news and politics and I am more drama and sitcoms). We don’t want to create conflicts with each other. The kids watch a limited subset of what I watch. There is no need for us to get a third Tablo to record some of the same shows twice just so I don’t have to worry about deleting something that the kids haven’t watched. Better to work together than to buy even more hardware (I doubt our signal could even be split for another 4 tuners) I usually just wait to watch those shows with the kids. But if I didn’t want to do that, I would just leave them on the DVR until I am sure everyone has seen them.

1 Like

I also have multiple tablos and multiple teenage children. I find it much easier coming to an agreement with my wife then a bunch of teens. I tossed them a 4-tuner and let them fight it out.

In both of those use cases the current tiling system will work fine for you.

I just want a list of stuff that has recently recorded so I can 1-2 click my way into watching the episode.

Good point

How about speeding up the load times on Roku. I know the last release was supposed to address this but to a recent cable cutter the load times are still excruciatingly SLOW!

“Show all” would be my preference given only one choice, but I agree with those that note that having an “unwatched” marker of some sort would be a nice addition, though not really critical.

wow, this poll has been at a pretty consistent 50-50 split… Looks like its shaping up to be a no-win for @TabloTV

I think the answer is really more within the comments at this point.
Most Recent should be the Most Recent.
Unwatched should really be its own sort/category of Unwatched.
They are two different things - one doesn’t substitute for the other.

1 Like

I did attempt to change my vote based on the discussion, i hope it worked.

Given the 50/50 split, we’re going to keep it as designed which is just the most recent recordings, whether they’ve been watched or not. That means ‘recent recordings’ will mean exactly that.

We have plans down the road for additional features that we could wrap option #2 into so in the long run, everyone will be happy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would like recent to find its way to Android TV. I know there isn’t much room on the phone. I vote for recent unwatched.

It’s already there on both Android Phone and Android TV players…

1 Like