Playback pausing

[quote=“twhedge, post:10, topic:26101”]
Even now, with a wire running through my house to the Tablo, it glitched within a minute of starting a playback. [/quote]

Did you verify that the Tablo was actually using the wired ethernet instead of Wifi when you did the test?
Switching from Wi-Fi to Ethernet OR Ethernet to WiFi – Tablo (tablotv.com)

If you didn’t actually switch for the test then try it again, if that works then problem solved!

You are absolutely correct.

Without the link that was just now provided, just how was I supposed to do that? I plug in the wire and got the link light. There is nothing in the menu that indicates if it’s wifi or ethernet. I have to assume that it took care of it behind the scenes.

Previously, I said that I would hook it up again and watch it during lunch. I did and for the 20 minutes I watched it, there were no problems. So, I purchased a splitter and was going to install it. But now I’m being told that it wasn’t fixed because it wasn’t actually switched to ethernet. Obviously, I fell into the trap of ““there, that makes things good so it must be fixed” goodbye.”

Let me ask a stupid question (they seldome are). If I connect the ethernet again and push the button to reboot it, how will I know that anything had actually changed beyond what I did before? The link light will still be lit. I doubt there will be any new information on the menu telling me that it’s using ethernet. I’ll just have to take it on faith that something happened. Another case of ““there, that makes things good so it must be fixed” goodbye.”?

If I didn’t have 18 years in the Navy Nuclear Power program, degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering and 20 years with Raytheon (and now, Forcepoint) developing, installing, supporting and managing a team for the High Speed Guard, I might just as easily believed it of somone told me to whack the Tablo with a cold hotdog.

I’ll follow directions from y’all because it’s not my device. I have no insight as to how it was developed and certainly have no insight into it’s operation. I have to assume that since it works (mostly), that it wasn’t just kludged together. But…

End of vent.

Hopefully, I’ll have the splitter today and will have it installed and rebooted onto ethernet.

Do you mean a coaxial cable splitter?

Don’t knock whacking uncooperative things with cold hotdogs.
It does work.
Just ask my kids. :wink:

I mispoke. I meant a switch for the ethernet. Sorry.

Thanks for seeing the humor in my response.

Simply to illustrate the frustration of this, at lunch I watched a recorded show via the Roku on the dumb TV using WiFi. It never glitched. There are times it works perfectly and times that it buffers so much it’s painful. I’ll install the switch when it gets here.

Sounds like external interference with the Wifi. Or congestion on the wifi band causing massive retries.

It was on an a router interface with four other, mostly static, devices, a Ring doorbell, two Alexis’s and an Amazon Echo.

Doesn’t matter much a this point. The switch came in and it is already installed and the Tablo rebooted. I see the Tablo on the wired interface on the GT-AX11000 dashboard. I’ll report back if there are more glitches.