Playback issues with Google’s latest Android releases

@Pundit You’re right…I suppose I posted in frustration.  So on my TF700 I gave up Crombi-KK and went with Cromi-X, and man does this tablet fly on that ROM. Including flawless Tablo playback.

So, thank you for your reply. And did I say my Tablo would soon be on eBay? I meant I was going to get on eBay to buy another one! 
:smiley:

Kidding aside, I hope Android and Tablo can get it all sorted out. Because what’s going to happen when they release Android L? And M? N? O? etc. etc. know what I mean?

@Barbz - We now have two developers working solely on Android. They’re working very hard to improve stability and adding features. Having this kind of focus from two of our team members should mean a much improved Android client now and moving forward. 

One on Roku and two on Android…can’t wait for the next release with all the new stuff!

Here are my hope/expectation in 3-4 months. The Roku app GUI will be the same as the Android/Apple app. :slight_smile:

@PhatboyC Stay tuned :slight_smile:

Is there any way we can receive an email when new releases occurs? Or is this already done for current owners?

@PhatboyC Yes! You can subscribe here.

Done thanks!

I just received a new Android cell phone (the 2014 Moto G) that has 4.4.4 on it.  Live TV looks great with it so far using the default chrome browser.

Update: I experience major stuttering if I try to skip ahead in a recording.  

@PhatboyC - We also post about new firmware updates on the community.

Yes, I have seen those. Thanks

Email will be great since I check these more often. Then I can come over here in the annoucement thread to get more details.

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/111503-nexusgpe-443/page-7#entry681781

If you are rooted you may be able to fix this for now. This method worked for my Nexus 7 2013.

If you are rooted you may be able to fix this for now. This method worked for my Nexus 7 2013.

Be advised… this change may impact how other applications behave and may have consequences in updates down the road.

Is there any solution to the stuttering problem on Android phones?  

Is there any solution to the stuttering problem on Android phones?  

Assuming you have root on the phone… you should be able to use the above solution. Acquire the 4.4.2 version of the relevant library (HTTP Live) and replace your current version (4.4.3 or 4.4.4). The base android on a phone is really no different than on a tablet. However, the streaming libraries may differ depending on the hardware. One way to find the right library is to locate a custom 4.4.2-based ROM for your device and extract the proper library from it.

I don’t plan on rooting my phone, so that won’t help.