Pictures Vanish During Fast Forward

While doing a Roku Factory Reset seemed not to help this problem, I do believe the latest Table software update helps, provided the show is recorded and played back after the update has been installed.

What do others see?

Based on advice from this Forum I have just switched from using a Roku Ultra to a Firestick 4K max with my Table Dual. I am very impressed! As predicted the thumbnail pictures no longer disappear during Fast Forward in a Tablo recorded show. All responses seem quicker than they did with Roku.

I think in general this is a very good way to go.

Does the light on Tablo blink while processing a recording for thumbnails?

No, I have not notice the Table LED blinking during either Recording or Playback. This seems to be true with either my new Firestick 4K Max or the Roku Ultra.

Maybe it does when downloading nightly update then. Last night noticed it blinking, was 10 or so minutes before ending a recording (was not watching or doing anything with Tablo or the Roku at the time) and 30 minutes before it’s usual update time (and same time that night after later looking) might take 30 minutes to load update.

Odd, certainly wasn’t doing any of those things and is connected to router with Ethernet.

Right Others on this Forum have said that the much faster data transfer rates you get with wired Ethernet (I’m using AC Wireless) at least minimize this problem. But even with wireless Internet, the problem vanishes with an Amazon Firestick 4K Max.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.