One temporary solution for channel surfing

@Vonda_Z well this is why I certainly record anything of importance…

I suppose you have to decide which is a bigger issue… not being able to easily rewind or pause etc… or slight delays with “surfing” … pick the lesser of the evils… We have a resident 3 year old here so I fully appreciate the “interruption” aspect.

Same one I quoted above … its a really decent inexpensive antenna…

Vonda. I totally agree and never watch live TV without Tablo for that reason. The channel switching option is just to quickly preview programs before switching back to Tablo with one click of the input button Actually I almost never watch live TV at all - I record them for the sake of time shifting convenience and FF thru all the mind boggling commercials. Wait - I think I hear the baby wailing, Time to hit the pause button…

Please read my follow up to Vonda…

It’s a total ripoff appealing the convenience factor. I tried most of them with the 30 day return option. They’re all back on the shelves of Target, Best Buy, and Radio Shack. You would have to be optimally located to get decent results with them. Being on the edge of urban (about 35 miles) I thought I could get by… WRONG!

Solid reception is paramount in conjunction with any OTA device. Cheers.

I’ve seen some “indoor/outdoor” antennas that look like an aviary and do no better than this very efficient and effective design.

This is the way I’ve had mine setup as well. I have my Harmony remote configured to switch inputs on the TV and AVR appropriately - Watch DVR and Watch Live TV. It’s a bit more family/non-geek friendly, and well, no “visitors” should be watching my DVR :slight_smile: