Official Tablo Support

To set up a static IP address on my router I need to have the MAC address of the Tablo.  All that is shown in settings is the IP address.

MAC address of the ethernet port is on the Tablo box as well as the Tablo itself.  If you are using the wireless port, that will be different.

Can you look at “connected devices” or the DHCPD table in the router and see which device the Tablo is and simply check it to make it persistent or reserved?
With my router it was as simple as finding the Tablo in the list of connected devices and choosing to make that IP address “persistent” or the reserved address.
(static is when you type the address into the device itself, reserved is when you tell the DHCP server to reserve that address for a device with this MAC)

Dear all,

Questions to the Tablo experts out there.

1) I have downloaded android apps for a 7 inch nexus tablet and my android phone Samsung note 4.  I am unable to view Live TV but able to view the programs and manage my recordings.  I thought I could watch LiveTv.  Am I missing something?

2) I have a Arris/Motorola Surfboard SBG6782-AC modem/router combo that I just put in.  It has good speeds internally and also have 50mbps down/5 up with TWC.  However,  I still see pixellation while watching recorded shows.  I do have one of those recommended WD usb hard drives.  When I watch live programs,  I watch via Roku 3.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

To watch live TV, click on the channel instead of the show.

Pixellation might be caused by your antenna not getting a strong signal. Is it happening for every channel or just certain ones?

To watch live TV, click on the channel instead of the show.

Pixellation might be caused by your antenna not getting a strong signal. Is it happening for every channel or just certain ones?

Great,  Thank you snowcat.  I am able to watch live programs.

I am checking the signal strength in the ‘settings’ of the TabloTv,  they are all strong.  Don’t think it is every channel,  just a couple,  I think and it is not consistent.

I am unsure if it is the channel streaming or the channel reception that is causing the issue.  Anyway to test that?

Can you look at "connected devices" or the DHCPD table in the router and see which device the Tablo is and simply check it to make it persistent or reserved?
With my router it was as simple as finding the Tablo in the list of connected devices and choosing to make that IP address "persistent" or the reserved address.
(static is when you type the address into the device itself, reserved is when you tell the DHCP server to reserve that address for a device with this MAC)

Thanks for the reminder...I had that for the Plex server but not Tablo...but do now.  Actually I suggest you do that for all your computers.  I used to have problems with my laptop losing internet connectivity when the DHCP expired even though it was set for 24 hours but no reservation.  While on Linksys support sight and on hold I found that, hung up and set up reservations.  No more problem.

I would like to see a feature where the channels were rescanned monthly, but prior to rescanning, note which channels are in the guide and if the channels are still there, keep them in the guide.  I KNOW a tv station is going to be changing channels and power and will be able to be seen where I live near the end of this month or beginning of next.  Of course I would also like the option to not have the rescan take place.

@vstuff is your Roku 3 wired?  If you’re wireless, there may be some interference on your wi-fi channel.  If so, moving to a different channel may improve your playback.  Do you see pixellation on live tv as well?

I am seeing where my both my Android phone and tablet regularly refusing to connect to my Tablo.  They just continually attempt and never succeed. The only fix is to power-cycle the Tablo.  (the reset button doesn’t seem to do anything.)  This probably happens at least once per week.

I’m up to date on the firmware.  

@Charlie Send us a ticket and we’ll get you fixed up. Make sure to include your Tablo’s’ MAC address, this way we can check its logs.

Ok so Im all set up, but while streaming either live or a recording using iPad to apple tv, the tablo disconnects and crashes while viewing either live or recorded shows. Also, Tablo device is in a well ventilated area, but gets VERY hot.

Please advise
Ok so Im all set up, but while streaming either live or a recording using iPad to apple tv, the tablo disconnects and crashes while viewing either live or recorded shows. Also, Tablo device is in a well ventilated area, but gets VERY hot.
Please advise

MAC 5087B800458C

@Tz4tv I received your ticket privately - sent over a couple of suggestions.

Web app is totally barfed.  When trying to connect using Chrome it eventually says it could not establish an authenticated session.  With Firefox I connect, but nothing showing in the Live TV grid (though I can see shows), and in Recordings only 25% have a thumbnail, and the ones that show are all wrong.

@oldmike Try syncing to the web app using an Incognito tab in Chrome. Let me know if you can get connected this way.

Apart from the Chrome issue, the issue really was that the thumbnails, etc, essentially all data was messed up.  I had swapped hard drives some days previously, and it seemed to be looking for old files that no longer existed.  That seems to have magically corrected today; guess it just needed a day off.i  And now Chrome is connecting as well; I did nothing to make it straighten out except wait a day.

I upgraded to the new firmware but now it is unable to find the hard drive. Please help. I have numerous shows I haven’t watched yet.

Also Emailed to support concerning new firmware upgrade.
Downloaded - no problem
Installed - no problem
RECONNECTING - PROBLEM!!!
Cannot get my iPad to reconect to my Tablo

@goforit111, have you tried rebooting your router?   I hasn’t happened to me in months, but the times when my iPad couldn’t connect, a router reboot fixed it.

@MrBitterMN, please submit a ticket to TabloSupport, and they can try to fix it for you.