Not a "feature request"....a requirement!

You know, I’ve said it before. You make some very valid points @Displeased, the issue is your approach.

2 Likes

“DOA”?? “Electronics scrap heap”??
Are you serious??
Where do you get this from (other than wrong assumptions)?
There’s nothing about the Tablo, other than the network connectivity, that makes it a better product.
Other than the fact that they chose to stop investing in the guide (which is worthy of major criticism!), the DVR+ was a very well designed and very credible product!
Had there been a different, more robust marketing strategy on the part of CM, it would’ve been far more successful…but that doesn’t take anything away from the fact that it was an excellent product.
Far from what you’re describing!
It doesn’t make any difference whatsoever that it wasn’t designed by CM.
It wasn’t some obscure, destined to fail product!
In fact, had Echostar not chosen to abandon it and developed a networked version, it would be the gold standard (vs. a product that’s still somewhat half-baked and just acceptable).
Had they retained HDMI connectivity, it would be untouchable!
The DVR+ certainly had it’s faults initially…but unlike the folks at Tablo (who seem to think that they know everything), customer input was taken into very serious consideration!..and the payoff resulted in a better, more successful product, which would still be in demand today (even without the networking option).
It can’t realistically be compared to failures (like SimpleTV)! It wasn’t anything close!

I’m not in total disagreement with you but sometimes (perhaps not with this company or it’s defenders, unfortunately) “The squeaky wheel gets the oil”.
Passivity simply doesn’t work!
Neither does waiting indefinitely for this company to take actions to actually resolve problems (such as the cover art issues) that have persisted for far too long!..and their unwillingness to listen to suggestions and implement basic functionality that has existed for many years with other products (such as the DVR+ and TiVo).
They always know better.
I’m not a big fan of going backwards and sacrificing functionality and features that make perfect sense to implement and should’ve been Incorporated right from the outset!

The “As a fallacy” section is interesting reading.

2 Likes