NorthVu NV20 Pro AMPd, worht it or not?

Is the above antenna sufficient as far as signal strength for indoor use? Or is this meant to be bare minimum?

TY for help

Gianluca

I use this antenna. I have it taped to one of my windows. I get great reception.

Winegard FL5500A FlatWave Amplified Razor Thin HDTV Indoor Antenna

Link: http://amzn.com/B00BN5Z2WM

1 Like

also depends on how far you are from the towers…

It is rated for 35 miles Go to TVFool and check your location.

http://www.tvfool.com/

1 Like

I have both. Prefer the amped winegard antenna. Distance matters as stated above.

1 Like

Thx guys, I think I agree, I’m sure it’s worth it to go with Wingard.

TY all :smile:

Gianluca

1 Like

Wondering if any updates to user experience with the NorthVu antennas? I am 10 miles from most of my transmissions and am getting about 60 NM(db) receptions according to my TV signal Analysis. The bundle with the Tablo makes it a nice package.
Thanks in advance.
islandrog

Received the Tablo Quad and NV20 Pro antenna. Although supposedly good for 25 miles even at 10 miles
I am getting pixelation and week reception on some channels. I should have opted for the amp version. I have ordered a Winegard inline amp and hopefully it will improve the reception.

I also have it and recommend it. It is designed for both UHF and VHF and amplifies weak stations but doesn’t over amplify local stations that you can get without an amplified antenna. Example, I get everything the HQ Frequency cc antenna gets, plus low power channel 17 and channel 62 which is far away.

1 Like

Replaced the NV20 Pro with a Mohu Curve 30. I used a 5’ cable I had instead of the 10’ that came with It. Pulled in 38 channels but was having some pixelation on CBS. Added the 20db amplifier and that introduced issues with most channels. Replaced the cable with the 10’ and amplifier. There is enough impedance in the cable that it now works almost perfectly. Pulled in 39 channels.

Ota signals depend on terrain, weather, sun, buildings, etc. No more antenna experiments for me. Winegard FL5500A is the best.