No Tuner is Available

I have a 4 tuner Tablo and have never had this one before, I am recording 3 shows, the guide agrees with me and I have clicked on every channel available to me to see if there is a discrepancy with the glowing red channel in use feature and there is not, however, with those three recording currently active, I cannot view any of the other channels.  Is this something new with the latest update?  I know it said it needed a tuner to create thumbnails but I can’t imagine it would take that long.  My Tablo updated almost immediately after release and so far so good until now.  As labeled above the message is “Player Error” “No Tuner Is Available” on all apps used, web, ps3, android.


Thanks,

Figured out my own issue.  After getting my full subscription I went through and clicked “Rec All” on all of my shows.  I just realized that there was a “Manual” recording that was double recording a show and I deleted that recording and that schedule and I can now view live tv on the free tuner with 3 items currently being recorded.

It sounds like Tablo Support got you all fixed up. Glad you are enjoying your new Tablo.

Yes, so far so good.  This community forum is very active and much friendlier than those I have frequented in the past for other issues.  I hope I can return the favor to some greenie someday.

This community forum is very active and much friendlier than those I have frequented in the past for other issues.  I hope I can return the favor to some greenie someday.

That’s exactly why the community is here… :smiley:  Glad you got sorted out!

I have experienced a similar situation. When trying to watch a show scheduled to record, aired Wednesday evening, this message came up: “Recording failed because no tuner was available”. This happened to another show scheduled to record a few hours later. When trying to watch live TV, the screen returned another message indicating that there was no Free Tuner. I had no recordings scheduled at that time.
I do use several devices to access my 4-tuner Tablo and could be that I had not closed the app in a few of them, possibly causing the issue.
I looked at the Tablo settings and could not find an option to free-up tuners or even see how many tuners were in use at the time. This could be an enhancement for future firmware updates.
I ended up doing a hard restart of the Tablo. It released the tuners and is working properly now.

1 Like