No tuner available Error

Today while watching a live show (FIFA World cup) I suddenly got dropped and told “Tuner not available” . I have a 4 tuner Tablo and I noticed that I had 3 recordings happening and I could go to any of those an watch while they were recording BUT I could not switch to any channel that I was not recording.

I ended up stopping the recording on ONE of the three shows and then I had the ability to go back to watching anything I wanted.

Should I not have access to 4 different streams?

Depends on your recording quality. The highest quality one can use two tuners if it’s recording 720p @ 60Hz.

1 Like

Or someone watching remotely could have had a tuner tied up. I don’t know who gets bumped in that case.

1 Like

Read this:

“In order to preserve image quality across streams, Tablo’s fourth tuner will be temporarily disabled if any 720p stations are being recorded at 60 fps. This is true ONLY for 4-tuner Tablo DVRs using the HD1080 – 10Mbps, 720@60fps recording quality. ”

Link has more.

I’m the only one that has access to the machine. I dropped the quality down. “4 Tuners” should mean FOUR Tuners.

But thanks.