No sound on playback

Want to playback recordings, get good video but occasionally no sound. Reboot Nexus and sound is back. any thoughts??

1 Like

Reseat the HDMI cable connected to the tv. I lost sound on my Netflix on my tv and reseating the cable between my Roku and my tv fixed it.

1 Like

@Eckhard We second @aspiringthomas’ suggestion - we’ve seen this do the trick in the past.

Thanks for the suggestions. Did it last night. We’ll see how it works.

If you’ve turned on 5.1 sound, your stuff has to support it. Mine didn’t and my sound was gone. Had to switch back and put up with ‘fake’ 5.1 instead.

It’s back. Actually never left. No sound on replay 20% of the time. need to restart Tablo Preview and all works for a while. Using a Nexus Player. Have an old MXQ box. Maybe that will be better?

Can you give the the other box a try and let us know? Does this happen on every recording each time you rewind or fast forward? Or do you see this on live TV as well?

Question 1. Does this happen on every recording each time you rewind or fast forward?

This happens when we start watching a new recorded show. It happens at the very start of the show. It doesn’t happen very often at the moment.

Question 2. Or do you see this on live TV as well?

Never noticed it on live TV but we rarely watch live TV.

Thinking of getting an Nvidia Shield to replace the Nexus Player. What are your opinions??

Not sure if this is a potential issue but our entire entertainment system is controlled by a Logitech Harmony Hub.

Thanks, Eckhard.

I had no sound on the Tablo and rebooting the Roku I was using for playback restored sound. Other roku apps had sound when Tablo app didn’t, but the Roku was the problem.