No audio with tablo engine on the Nividia Shield

I use the tablo tunner with tablo engine on my nvidia shield and i got no audio.
No audio, only image for live tv and recorded shows.

I used it without problems for a while, stoped using it for a couple months and now it’s not working anymore… i tried the bypass suround on and off without succes.

Any idea how to fix this?
thanx

Did you enable Surround sound? Its in the General section of the Tablo Setting screen. If so disable it.

Yes , I tried surround sound on and off without success.
Thanks for your help

Then you might want to log a call with Tablo Support. I only tested surround sound when it first came out. It did not work with my Nvidia shield so I turned it off and have never tried it again. I believe this affects the recordings. So did you try live TV with it off? Or a new recording recorded with it off? .

1 Like

Well I missed the whole tablo engine part Ignore what I said earlier, I was thinking TabloTV not Tablo Engine… I have the surround sound bypass on in the Tablo Engine and have no issues on a Nvidia Shield. So if you have not done so yet log a support call.

Have you updated your Android TV OS and Tablo ENGINE app?

Yes, everything updated and double checked many many times…
Tired of trying to fix this and waitings days and days to get help from support.
I decided to buy an hauppage tunner and installing Plex… and wow! Everythings works fine now and im happy with this solution.

For other users interested, the problem seem to be related with the HDMI handshake for the audio AC3 format between the tunner and my audio system.