New user having some buyer's remorse

[quote=“topher18, post:1, topic:10752”]
Pausing Live TV, playback restarts on its own
[/quote]Not dismissing this, I too find it annoying, unfortunately that is a Roku limitation. The newest Roku devices on the latest firmware will pause for much longer than the old ones but its still too short, especially on the higher Tablo Bit Rates…

Unfortunately, unless Roku makes changes, nothing Tablo can do on this one.

I have no complaints about the DVR with the paid guide. I love the setup of being able to put the antenna and tablo in a remote location for the best signal and being able to use as a whole house solution. Love that. Just wished the buffering wasn’t so painful. I have an nvidia shield TV, roku and a fire tv 2nd gen. They all buffer about the same seems like no solution for this other than their new devices. I also wish the programs would continue to play while you are in the guide. But I will survive I guess.

Buffering can be solved by either hard wiring all your devices or improving your WiFi signal by upgrading your router.

If you can’t physically run Ethernet cables to hard wire devices, you can use Powerline Ethernet adapters. See thread below.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/powerline-ethernet-adapters-great-way-to-hard-wire-tablo-to-your-router/