New Tablo version, but doesn't seem to be reflected in Plex Channel

Updated Tablo to 2.20 version.  Seems to have fixed the issue of a recording in progress not opening (or being able to go to) at the beginning.  In other words, just like live TV until it finishes recording.  But the same issue now in the Tablo Plex channel, so I guess the channel isn’t just a front end to the Tablo system but must do it’s own management and pull files without Tablo knowing??

With 2.20 I can view recorded shows through plex, but not live tv - it tunes the channel, starts to play and then stops immediately within 2 seconds or so.

If the recorded show is still recording, does it start at the beginning (or at last let you back up to there) or where the live show is?

@vwalien, I’ve noticed the same problem using Tablo Plex remotely on my phone… the problem of not being able to watch Live TV.  Even if remote WiFI.

If the recorded show is still recording, does it start at the beginning (or at last let you back up to there) or where the live show is?

From my experience it starts where the show currently is live.  It also does not let you back up to the beginning of the show.  A bit annoying when I come home at 6:15pm and want to watch the news and it just starts 15 minutes into it.

Since I update to 2.20 my plex tablo app wont do live tv. Is there a fix for this.

Since I update to 2.20 my plex tablo app wont do live tv. Is there a fix for this.

@Davidvr I am not the only one seeing this… Can you please look into this

I’m also having the same issue. No live TV.   Let me know if you need logs or help troubleshooting. 

Live TV is working through Plex Home Theater, but not IOS, Chromecast or Web. 

They finally updated plex IOS with some fixes so I can try some testing

Live TV is working for me now… Maybe some plex update fixed it? @Davidvr

@Jestep Could be, I can finally stream again using the IOS app remotely, I still have to turn off the new universal transcoder to work but I’m glad its working again

@Davidvr I was using the Roku app, the android app. And both are working now :wink:

To put a finer point on it, I see that the “won’t back up” is exclusive to my Plex-to-Tablo channel through a very old Roku N1101.  With the other two systems that can use the Tablo native app there is no problem.