NEW - Tablo ROKU Channel Update (2.13.0)

Hi everyone -

A small update to Tablo’s Roku channel is now live.

It’s mostly teeny changes to prepare for our next firmware release which is coming in the New Year.

If you’ve already got the Tablo channel installed, and your ROKU is set to automatic updates you should see version 2.13.0 shortly.

Here’s what you can expect…

Tablo Roku Channel Update (v. 2.13.0)

• Adds GENRES filter (requires firmware 2.2.28+)
  • Bug fixes and improvements

NOTE - The minimum Tablo firmware is now 2.2.24.

If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to post a reply below or contact support directly.

giphy

1 Like

Also a quick reminder that you can try out a full 14-days of data in your Live TV grid guide by enabling this beta feature in the settings screen of the Tablo Roku Channel:

This is an FIY regarding this new update…

I got the Roku update yesterday (12/8/2019).
The Tablo Channel update failed 3 times. Each failure had the error message of “No internet connection”.
I know this was not the case as I had just finished watching a program on Netflix.

I did a System Reset to my Roku. After that, the new update completed without fail.

Hope this helps anyone that might be having difficulties updating the Tablo Channel on their Rokus.

You may have noticed Tablo’s Roku app was updated to version 2.13.3. This update added a TEENSY tweak for folks using Surround Sound.

Some were seeing an incorrect tuner-related message when a Surround Sound incompatibility was encountered.

You can read more about the new error message here: https://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040089091