New Tablo Quad HDMI ATSC 3.0!

My question then is will they ever support tablets/phones/PC’s? My primary use of the Tablo is streaming to mobile devices in the home.

If that’s the case, you should have bought the Network model.

I did but I’ll want to update when the dust settles and I’m afraid they might not support my favorite feature.

A ZapperBox employee recently posted the following with regard to ATSC 3.0 encryption support:

There are two cases for DRM/encryption (the industry term is “content security”):

1. The device is connected to the Internet. We’re sure this case can be handled with a software update. ATSC 3.0 uses the same DRM technology, called Widevine, as all OTT apps like YouTube, Netflix, etc. Widevine is owned by Google.

2. The FCC requires TVs and NEXTGENTV logo certified boxes to work without an internet connection also. This case may require the box to be reprogrammed at a secure facility. We’ll know for sure soon.

DRM is currently working on ZapperBox with live broadcasts in Tampa. We’re now working to finish testing and certification.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/zapper-box-signal-meter.3273329/page-3

I’m personally hoping now that everyone associated with NextgenTV goes totally broke.

Edit: 10 years from now

NextgenTV official: We don’t understand why it failed. I guess nobody wanted better reception using more efficient delivery at higher resolutions.

Me: Yep, you’re a genius. That’s the exact reason.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.